Push button start question - FordFusionClub.com : The #1 Ford Fusion Forum

FMVPerformance.com is the premier Ford Fusion Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 07-06-2012, 08:34 AM   #1
nuowner
Grand Am Series

Default Push button start question

Just occured to me to ask what happens if your key fob dies? You can still get IN the car because you have the keypad on the door and the little blade unlock thingy, but can you start the car once you're in there??
nuowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2012, 09:45 AM   #2
bbf2530
Super Moderator

Default Re: Push button start question

[quote author=Nuowner link=topic=211310.msg4246794#msg4246794 date=1341578044]
Just occured to me to ask what happens if your key fob dies? You can still get IN the car because you have the keypad on the door and the little blade unlock thingy, but can you start the car once you're in there??
[/quote]

Hi Nuowner. Are you asking if the car can be started if the battery dies in the current versions of our cars/IKT keyfobs, which have no Push Button start available (2006-20012 Fusion/MKZ/Milan)? Then the answer is yes. The fob battery only powers the door unlock/lock, trunk and panic alarm functions. It has nothing to do with starting the vehicle.

If you are referring to future versions of the Fusion/MKZ (2013 plus) which may have Push Button start, the answer will still be yes. There will be a place to insert the fob (often in the front of the console) to allow for a dead fob battery.

Good luck.
bbf2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 11:20 AM   #3
nuowner
Grand Am Series

I was asing the latter. New Escape has the remote/push button start. I guess we need to look for the insert point just in case. Thanks!

I always thought the remote/push button start was 'gimmicky'... but it only takes about two times of driving the vehicle to get used to not having to mess with the keys.
nuowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 12:47 PM   #4
bbf2530
Super Moderator

[quote author=Nuowner link=topic=211310.msg4247158#msg4247158 date=1341674436]
I was asing the latter. New Escape has the remote/push button start. I guess we need to look for the insert point just in case. Thanks!

I always thought the remote/push button start was 'gimmicky'... but it only takes about two times of driving the vehicle to get used to not having to mess with the keys.
[/quote]

Hi Nuowner. To make your searching easier - It is all explained in your Owners Manual.

Good luck.
bbf2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

FordFusionClub.com : The #1 Ford Fusion Forum > Ford General Discussion > Ford Fusion / Mercury Milan / Lincoln Zephyr & MKZ