Engine vibration - FordFusionClub.com : The #1 Ford Fusion Forum

FMVPerformance.com is the premier Ford Fusion Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-05-2011, 10:16 AM   #1
mb19
Bicycle Rider

Default Engine vibration

How much does your engine shake the steering wheel on idle ?

I have a 2011 SE I4 6-speed automatic with 1000 miles. The engine has started to make some vibration on the steering wheel and even in the drive seat. This is not really worse but somewhat unpleasant. I used to drive Chevy Malibu cars for the last 8 years and did not notice any vibration from the engine through the steering wheel or drive seat.

The vibration started few weeks after I bought the car. It began when I did stop at the red light with foot on brake in drive. Now it does all the time even in neutral...

Does anyone of you guys have experienced this?
mb19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2011, 10:25 AM   #2
bbf2530
Super Moderator

Default Re: Engine vibration

[quote author=mb19 link=topic=200541.msg4142670#msg4142670 date=1320502570]
How much does your engine shake the steering wheel on idle ?

I have a 2011 SE I4 6-speed automatic with 1000 miles. The engine has started to make some vibration on the steering wheel and even in the drive seat. This is not really worse but somewhat unpleasant. I used to drive Chevy Malibu cars for the last 8 years and did not notice any vibration from the engine through the steering wheel or drive seat.

The vibration started few weeks after I bought the car. It began when I did stop at the red light with foot on brake in drive. Now it does all the time even in neutral...

Does anyone of you guys have experienced this?
[/quote]

Hi mb19. Impossible to ascertain a vibration over the Internet and others experience will be colored by what they consider to be normal or not.

My best advice? Since you have a new car which is likely still covered under the 3 year/3600 mile Bumper to Bumper and/or 5 year/60,000 mile Powertrain Warranties, the best course of action would be to bring your car in for Warranty service and demonstrate exactly what your concerns are to the Service Department staff. Explain to them, in as much detail and possible, exactly how and when this vibration occurs. And politely insist they send a Tech on a test drive with you so you can demonstrate. Or in this case, insist someone sit in the car with you in the shop while you demonstrate, since it happens while stopped and idling.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.
bbf2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 08:06 PM   #3
mb19
Bicycle Rider

Thanks bbf2530. I will follow your advice for sure !

I have an appointment at the dealer place. I would like to try their demo and then feel the engine vibration through the steering wheel and driver seat.

I was posting this because I wanted to know if some people have observed a change in engine vibration from the time they bought the car to weeks or months later.

I have a friend who has a Ford Fusion with manual transmission and there is not much engine vibration in comparison to my Fusion with automatic transmission when holding my foot on brake in drive.

I can't wait to try out the demo at the Ford dealer. I will let you know how this turns out !
mb19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 02:41 PM   #4
char-ft
Moped Rider

i have the V6, its very slight, the 4 cylinders are always noticably shakey, its pretty much the normal! the steering on these carse are sooo tight!
99 F-250 7.3 Powerstroke, 6-speed ZF6 Trans, Banks turbo, Hi-Flow injectors, K&N Intake, 5" Turboback exhaust, Tuner With EGT 6" 2008 Mirrors with heat/turn signals, Goodneck and 5thwheel attachment, Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac tires on Excursion/Lariat Wheels. 285/75/16
*Snowdogg HD75 Plow*
+ Much more!
char-ft is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

FordFusionClub.com : The #1 Ford Fusion Forum > Technical / Model / Performance for the Fusion, Milan, Zephyr > Engine & Drivetrain