Disabling Daytime Running Lights - FordFusionClub.com : The #1 Ford Fusion Forum

FMVPerformance.com is the premier Ford Fusion Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 09-20-2011, 09:58 AM   #1
belizeandevil
Grand Am Series

Send a message via MSN to belizeandevil
Default Disabling Daytime Running Lights

Hey Guys, I was wondering if any of you guys found this and tried it. I research the net and this what i came up with.

The Ford Fusion uses daytime running lights. The daytime running lights, however, are something that some drivers want to disable during the day while still being able to use them for driving at night. Ford has incorporated a plug that is relatively easy to access that will disable the daytime running lights on the Fusion. Even if you've never disabled the daytime running lights in your Fusion before, this job should take you no more than five minutes.
Difficulty: Moderately Easy
Instructions

Things You'll Need
Flat head screwdriver

Open the driver's side door and pry off the access panel on the end of the dash behind the door with a small, flat tip screwdriver.

Locate the small box mounted on the firewall with a small power connector running to the box.

Remove the power connector running to the small box to disable the daytime running lights.

http://www.ehow.com/how_5847482_turn...g-daytime.html

belizeandevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2011, 10:11 AM   #2
Canadian_LX

Default Re: Disabling Daytime Running Lights

... the article is not very clear in the least. I'm not a mechanic, but does it not sound like they are asking you to unplug the power junction box or whatever it is called that is located under the dash?

I don't know much about this stuff, but the explanation seems a little sketchy. I always thought the only way to disable them was to have a dealership disable them with their Tech II computer or something.
Canadian_LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 08:56 PM   #3
The Only MTS
F1 Driver

Send a message via MSN to The Only MTS

On the 2011 Taurus, the DRL wiring harness I purchased with my HID kit, Lumens, eliminated the DRLs and there are no BOWs either.
The Only MTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 09:33 PM   #4
belizeandevil
Grand Am Series

Well i need to try something to disable my drl's. Im only driving with one light for the past 2 days. My light just come on and then just fade out and cutoff.
Old 09-21-2011, 07:04 PM   #5
hybrid driver
Short Track Racer

On mine the dealer's computer was used to turn mine ON so I guess the dealer would have to turn them OFF.
hybrid driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 08:45 PM   #6
kwbrigg
Short Track Racer

The local dealer here said he couldn't disable mine becuz they would be reliable for like $30,000.....reliable for what I don't know. They aren't required here in Kansas
kwbrigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 02:04 PM   #7
hybrid driver
Short Track Racer

I'd check with another dealer.
hybrid driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 01:20 PM   #8
belizeandevil
Grand Am Series

Yesterday i went to the only Ford Dealer in my country and managed to let them scan my vehicle to disable my day time running lights. Unfortunately they cannot disable it. Only the perimeter lights which i have disabled myself. They said that it is tied to the transaxle gear shifter and the manual said it cannot be done.
Old 09-25-2011, 01:29 PM   #9
jldavis11
Bicycle Rider

You might check with the dealer but believe the dealer computer enable/disable started with the 09 or 10s. Halogen drls are headlights and hids are the fog lights.
jldavis11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 03:18 PM   #10
Canadian_LX

The dealership should still be able to do it. I'm not really sure how they are saying they can't. The transaxle connection is just a circuit that is made to signal the lights to turn on when the car goes from P to D. The computer is the one that sends the power once the signal is sensed from the transmission.

Are DRL's legally enforced in your country? If that is the case, the dealer might just be telling you they "can't" because they are not allowed to or don't want to.
Canadian_LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

FordFusionClub.com : The #1 Ford Fusion Forum > Technical / Model / Performance for the Fusion, Milan, Zephyr > Exterior Lighting