Clunking front end?? - FordFusionClub.com : The #1 Ford Fusion Forum

FMVPerformance.com is the premier Ford Fusion Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 07-26-2011, 09:14 PM   #1
ericthered
Short Track Racer

Default Clunking front end??

Hi guys.Was wondering if anyone had a clicking/clunking noise in front end when parking? I was going to gym and backing up when I heard it. Sounds like a dry ball joint type noise. I dropped it off at dealer tonight. Guess I'll find out! Any help would be apprieciated!!
Roush lower grill
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2011, 10:22 PM   #2
HALOREALM
Le Mans: Prototype Class

Default Re: Clunking front end??

[quote author=ericthered link=topic=194129.msg4079851#msg4079851 date=1311729295]
Hi guys.Was wondering if anyone had a clicking/clunking noise in front end when parking? I was going to gym and backing up when I heard it. Sounds like a dry ball joint type noise. I dropped it off at dealer tonight. Guess I'll find out! Any help would be apprieciated!!
[/quote]

Eric, there has been several threads about different suspension noises but none that I can recall that sounds like what you're dealing with right now. Do a quick search and see if anything in those threads jumps out at you.
HALOREALM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 10:00 AM   #3
torquelover
Short Track Racer

I posted about this a long, long time ago somewhere. I have a clunk coming from the left front only when I am backing up and going over a bump. Usually when backing out of a driveway. I have had this for years, and it does not seem to get worse with miles/time. I have checked everything and all seems good under there. I have other issues more pressing to deal with, but in time, I will mount a camera under there to see if I can figure out what is happening.
torquelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 08:51 PM   #4
indycop
Short Track Racer

[quote author=ericthered link=topic=194129.msg4079851#msg4079851 date=1311729295]
[/quote]

I HAD this on my 06 and after putting on the new Steeda engine mount--it is now gone. Old mount was so worn that the metal sleeve hit the metal mount.
Ford racing springs-Tokico dampers. Steeda lower engine mount.
indycop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 08:54 PM   #5
HALOREALM

[quote author=indycop link=topic=194129.msg4082050#msg4082050 date=1311900693]
[/quote]

I HAD this on my 06 and after putting on the new Steeda engine mount--it is now gone. Old mount was so worn that the metal sleeve hit the metal mount.
[/quote]

Well there's a new twist to this long time saga. Anyone else change the mount and get rid of the noise?
Old 07-28-2011, 09:03 PM   #6
ericthered
Short Track Racer

Thanks guys. The dealer called me and said they couldn't replicate it. I asked my boss if I could stop on way back from delivery run. Stupid thing was quiet for me too! ARGH! Cars know when they are at shop and behave! ;0 Picked it up this morning,and still quiet. Will check on engine mount and old threads! Thanks!
Roush lower grill
Old 07-28-2011, 10:22 PM   #7
HALOREALM

[quote author=ericthered link=topic=194129.msg4082060#msg4082060 date=1311901416]
Thanks guys. The dealer called me and said they couldn't replicate it. I asked my boss if I could stop on way back from delivery run. Stupid thing was quiet for me too! ARGH! [size=18pt]Cars know when they are at shop and behave! ;[/size]0 Picked it up this morning,and still quiet. Will check on engine mount and old threads! Thanks!
[/quote]

Yes..they know
Old 07-28-2011, 11:30 PM   #8
biggee72
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to biggee72

Happened to me but it was the steering rack. It was replaced and sound went away. Started to happen again then i traded it in.
biggee72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 12:21 AM   #9
niterdr
Grand Am Series

[quote author=biggee72 link=topic=194129.msg4082143#msg4082143 date=1311910212]
Started to happen again then i traded it in.
[/quote]

I'm on the verge of doing this REEEEEAAAAAAALLLLLLL sooooooooon.......

http://www.fordfusionclub.com/index.php?topic=186503.0
niterdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 02:25 PM   #10
ericthered
Short Track Racer

Hey guys, drove it hard today and NOTHING?? Wonder if they fixed it by mistake!! :shock: I see they put wrenchs on alot of bolts at least checking torque. Guess they got lucky??
Roush lower grill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

FordFusionClub.com : The #1 Ford Fusion Forum > Technical / Model / Performance for the Fusion, Milan, Zephyr > Suspension / Brakes