front blinker problem on 2007 Ford Fusion - FordFusionClub.com : The #1 Ford Fusion Forum

FMVPerformance.com is the premier Ford Fusion Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 04-30-2011, 03:01 PM   #1
dave029
Bicycle Rider

Default front blinker problem on 2007 Ford Fusion

Help! Both front turn signal lamps went out on my 2007 Ford Fusion yesterday. Back ones work, but are in "rapid flash" mode. Dash message reads "check LF signal light" when left is switched on; and "check RF signal light" when right signal is switched on. Bulbs have been checked / replaced to no avail. Another symptom: RF amber bulb is now "on" and will not shut off - even when car is parked / off. Had to pull the bulb to save the battery last night. And LF amber bulb glows once for a second at start of a left signal, then just stays out. Am HOPING I'm not in for a major $$ Smart Junction Box repair. Do these cars not have a signal flasher / relay module like most cars? The owners manual is no help at this point. Dealer wants $100/hr+ just to TRY to diagnose with no promises. This is a "stock" '07 Fusion, base 4cyl model, with 100% OEM parts. Any suggestions? My better half just won't use arm signals!
dave029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2011, 02:06 AM   #2
seasonalskier

Send a message via AIM to seasonalskier Send a message via Yahoo to seasonalskier
Default Re: front blinker problem on 2007 Ford Fusion

No signal boxes no relay modules no nothing Its most likely either a short in one of the wires, or a SJB problem. I would bring it to a cheap mechanic to diagnose the problem but not fix it. IF he can find a short (or if you know how to find a short in a wire) just replace the section of wire.
seasonalskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 07:21 PM   #3
magibeg
Bicycle Rider

Default Re: front blinker problem on 2007 Ford Fusion

I was wondering how/if this problem was resolved, i'm currently having the exact same issue.
magibeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 12:12 AM   #4
zzbsb
Bicycle Rider

Bump an old question. My car (2006 fusion se v6 with 120k km) is giving me same problem and I'm wondering if you guys had to replace the smart junction box or found another way to fix it. Thanks.
zzbsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 01:05 PM   #5
zzbsb
Bicycle Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzbsb View Post
Bump an old question. My car (2006 fusion se v6 with 120k km) is giving me same problem and I'm wondering if you guys had to replace the smart junction box or found another way to fix it. Thanks.
Just want to update this in case someone else is looking for a solution. I did end up replacing the smart junction box by the dealer which cost me $530(360 for part and 110 for labor plus tax). That fixed the problem.
zzbsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 04:35 PM   #6
eiching1
Le Mans: GT Class

Same thing here SJB. And the a**hole mechanic tried to say it was from the fog lights I installed 5 years ago and he cut all the wires and relay I put in. He didn't have to cut wires everything was plugged in with connectors. Plus he didn't say that he did it. However, the problem was from the SJB.
SCT Tuner W/89 Perf. tune,K&N drop in,TB ground,Chrome exhaust tips,Wheelskins wheel cover,Zephyr auto shift knob,Pioneer DEH-P4800MP headunit,iPod Touch,Garmin1450LMT,Kenwood/JBL speakers,Bazooka rear amp,Fog lights-Luminics yellow bulbs,Silverstar Ultra H7 high beams,rear spoiler,Strut Tower Bar,19mm rear sway bar,clear side markers,chrome signal bulbs
eiching1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

FordFusionClub.com : The #1 Ford Fusion Forum > Technical / Model / Performance for the Fusion, Milan, Zephyr > Exterior Lighting