Cooled seats in a Fusion? - FordFusionClub.com : The #1 Ford Fusion Forum

FMVPerformance.com is the premier Ford Fusion Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 03-02-2011, 03:37 PM   #1
ckenaan
Le Mans: Prototype Class

Default Cooled seats in a Fusion?

I originally had thought of this when I purchased the car, but Winter came quickly and it was moved down the list of things to do.

I want to install (or have installed) the Lincoln version of cooled seats. Not the actual seats, but the cooling inserts or whatever they are. I have extra 'buttons' in my centerstack which I assume could be replaced for functional cooling buttons (located below the heated seats buttons).

But i am just wondering if this is at all possible? or what it would entail having done? Wiring, modules, harnesses, Im rambling like i know what im talking about, but honestly, im pleading for your help! :shock: Has nobody thought of doing this?

Why? plain and simple, my arse sweats in the summer heat. :lmao:

Hope this is clear enough to understand!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IntDash - Copy.jpg (1.66 MB, 87 views)
File Type: jpg IntDash - Copy.jpg (1.66 MB, 85 views)
File Type: jpg IntDash - Copy.jpg (1.66 MB, 84 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2011, 03:40 PM   #2
The Only MTS
F1 Driver

Send a message via MSN to The Only MTS
Default Re: Cooled seats in a Fusion?

I thought of this also, never got around to it....
The Only MTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 03:41 PM   #3
Canadian_LX

Are your seats perforated leather?
Canadian_LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 03:43 PM   #4
ckenaan

Yes.

Old 03-02-2011, 03:49 PM   #5
Canadian_LX

You may be able to acquire all the parts from the lincoln and install them in yours. It would take a lot of work and extra wiring but I don't see why its not possible.

The cooled seats option is simply a fan with three speeds really under the seats that blows cold air up into them.
Old 03-02-2011, 03:52 PM   #6
ckenaan

[quote author=Canadian_LX link=topic=187133.msg3950402#msg3950402 date=1299098947]
You may be able to acquire all the parts from the lincoln and install them in yours. It would take a lot of work and extra wiring but I don't see why its not possible.

The cooled seats option is simply a fan with three speeds really under the seats that blows cold air up into them.
[/quote]

God, that sounds like it feels good. :lmao:
Old 03-02-2011, 03:59 PM   #7
bbf2530
Super Moderator

[quote author=Canadian_LX link=topic=187133.msg3950402#msg3950402 date=1299098947]

[/quote]

Hi guys. I have a feeling (but could be mistaken) that the entire seat underpinnings may need to be switched out and your old seat covers used to re-skin them to match. And Canadian makes a good point: Don't even bother unless yo have the perforated seats (or don't mind buying new seat covers).

Also, to my recollection (and to my butt, since I factory ordered the cooled seats in my MKZ so have actually experienced them), it is more than just a fan. There is some sort of "heat exchanger" which also cools the air. I read about it once, but don't recall enough at the moment to accurately describe the process and components. And I don't want to screw up the story.

Essentially, it could be done, but it would be expensive and labor intensive.

If anyone actually does it, be sure to take pictures and do a write-up.

Good luck.

PS - To Ckenaan. Yes, it actually feels great in the summer. Once in a while, I like turning them on when I have an unsuspecting passenger/riend in the car and watching them wonder why the heck their butt is cooling off! :lmao:
bbf2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 04:08 PM   #8
Canadian_LX

Is there a heat exchanger? I didn't know this (to www.teamfordparts.com we go!)

If you have a look on their website Chris, you should be able to find a listing of all the parts required for a cooled seat option really. Since you have the perforated seats, it is *possible* but it may not be 100% economical and probably very labour intensive as BBF has mentioned.

I too LOVE the cooled seat option in summer. It's something that I don't think I'll ever be able to live without to be honest. Everyone makes fun of me because I'm so young but drive an "old man car" but I'll tell you one thing, those old men sure got it right with this one!
Old 03-02-2011, 04:12 PM   #9
ckenaan

Thanks for the input guys! Its much appreciated as always! I will have to speak with some guys at the dealer. Unfortunately, the dealer i went through is Ford, not a branch of Lincoln. So i may even have to visit a Lincoln dealership. :shock:

Thanks again!
Old 03-02-2011, 04:14 PM   #10
Canadian_LX

[quote author=Ckenaan link=topic=187133.msg3950448#msg3950448 date=1299100379]
Thanks for the input guys! Its much appreciated as always! I will have to speak with some guys at the dealer. Unfortunately, the dealer i went through is Ford, not a branch of Lincoln. So i may even have to visit a Lincoln dealership. :shock:

Thanks again!
[/quote]

Leave the keys to the 2010 at home... otherwise you may end up *upgrading* :shock:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

FordFusionClub.com : The #1 Ford Fusion Forum > Ford Fusion Visual / Audio > Electronics Discussion