Rear brake problems - FordFusionClub.com : The #1 Ford Fusion Forum

FMVPerformance.com is the premier Ford Fusion Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 02-14-2011, 07:39 PM   #1
Bicycle Rider

Default Rear brake problems

Went to change the rear pads, 2007 with 56000 miles. Started on the left one, removed and replaced the pads and discs, found the pads worn way down, and what appears to be heat damage-crumbling etc. Put it all back together and the wheel did not move freely. I did the right side and it was fine, not as much wear and moved freely after the job. I'm thinking I have a bad caliper-I removed the emergency brake and the problem, while slightly improved, is still there. Any one have any other ideas? I torqued everything to specs and lined up the piston with the notch, and turned it in all the way. Thanks
572379 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2011, 11:06 AM   #2
swooshusn
Le Mans: GT Class

Default Re: Rear brake problems

I assume the wheel spins freely if you remove the caliper from the bracket?

See if you can find a wrecked Fusion at a Pick-and-Pull-type junk yard or search eBay for a rear caliper.

Steeda STB + Napa Rotors + CT-3 Pads + Redline Quicklift Elite + Progress RSB + TWM Short Shifter + Smoked Markers + SS Gen 1 Rear Window Wing + 15mm wheel spacers + F2 CAI
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3054677
swooshusn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 11:29 AM   #3
biggee72
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to biggee72

I have the same issue w/ the L/R caliper freezing and not releasing.
biggee72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 06:23 PM   #4
drjkel
Moped Rider

Be sure that the pads alone move freely in the caliper brackets. In the rust belt it is not uncommon for corrosion products to build up on the bracket to the point where the pad is no longer able to retract. This happened to me. Careful cleaning of the bracket where the S/S inserts ride and lubrication with dielectric silicone can work wonders. In extreme cases it may be necessary to gently grind the metal "ears" of the pads to create additional clearance.

drjkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

FordFusionClub.com : The #1 Ford Fusion Forum > Technical / Model / Performance for the Fusion, Milan, Zephyr > Suspension / Brakes