Replacement door pull screw covers for inside door handle/pull - FordFusionClub.com : The #1 Ford Fusion Forum

FMVPerformance.com is the premier Ford Fusion Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 02-04-2011, 11:37 AM   #1
icon5585
Go-Kart Driver

Default Replacement door pull screw covers for inside door handle/pull

If you look inside your door handle/pull you'll see there's a small piece of plastic that covers the screw hole in the doors, I was wondering if anyone knew where to order replacements for those as only 1 of my doors has it?

Thanks!
icon5585 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2011, 11:45 AM   #2
bbf2530
Super Moderator

Default Re: Replacement door pull screw covers for inside door handle/pull

[quote author=icon5585 link=topic=185826.msg3925025#msg3925025 date=1296837448]
If you look inside your door handle/pull you'll see there's a small piece of plastic that covers the screw hole in the doors, I was wondering if anyone knew where to order replacements for those as only 1 of my doors has it?

Thanks!
[/quote]

Hi icon. Any Ford/Lincoln Dealerships Parts Department would be the quickest and easiest. If they do not have any in stock, they will order them.

Even if you can order them from one of the online Ford parts sellers, on a small/inexpensive part like that, the shipping charge would probably eat up any savings.

Good luck.
bbf2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 12:03 PM   #3
icon5585
Go-Kart Driver

It's $14.06 at the dealership and $11.50 online for a little piece of plastic!?!? What a rip off!
Old 02-04-2011, 12:10 PM   #4
biggee72
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to biggee72

Next time don't break them all and use a panel tool. It is what it is mang. You can probably snatch some from a wrecking yard.
biggee72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 12:41 PM   #5
bbf2530
Super Moderator

[quote author=icon5585 link=topic=185826.msg3925043#msg3925043 date=1296838992]
It's $14.06 at the dealership and $11.50 online for a little piece of plastic!?!? What a rip off!
[/quote]

Hi icon. I am not sure now what part you are describing? The plastic cap behind the interior door handle which opens the car, or the rubberized mat in the bottom of the interior door pull (where you pull the door to close it). Unless they have changed something on later models, the screw in the bottom of the door-pull was covered by a rubber mat (like on my 2007 MKZ), not a cap. Or in the lower Fusion trim models, there was no screw cover at all in the bottom of the door pull. Perhaps they changed that on the later model Fusions?

Out of curiosity: When did you purchase your Fusion? If recently purchased, perhaps you can get the Dealer to replace them on a complementary basis since they may have been missing from the beginning? Also, if they were there when you purchased (or maybe you never noticed until now), how did you lose them? Did you ever have your door panels off? Were they accidentally vacuumed during a cleaning?

Okay, moving on.... Always remember that purchasing parts at the Dealership Parts Department is just like purchasing a car. The prices are usually negotiable. So try to negotiate the price down.

If that does not work to your satisfaction, then as biggee stated the cheap way to go would be a Salvage Yard, if any are available in the color you need.

Let us know how you make out.

Good luck.
Old 02-04-2011, 12:56 PM   #6
biggee72
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to biggee72

Oh, I'm sorry. My sickness made me read this wrong. I thought he was talking about the clips behind the door panel. I don't know what the hell I was even reading.
biggee72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 02:24 PM   #7
icon5585
Go-Kart Driver

[quote author=bbf2530 link=topic=185826.msg3925079#msg3925079 date=1296841316]
[quote author=icon5585 link=topic=185826.msg3925043#msg3925043 date=1296838992]
[/quote]

Hi icon. I am not sure now what part you are describing? The plastic cap behind the interior door handle which opens the car, or the rubberized mat in the bottom of the interior door pull (where you pull the door to close it). Unless they have changed something on later models, the screw in the bottom of the door-pull was covered by a rubber mat (like on my 2007 MKZ), not a cap. Or in the lower Fusion trim models, there was no screw cover at all in the bottom of the door pull. Perhaps they changed that on the later model Fusions?

Out of curiosity: When did you purchase your Fusion? If recently purchased, perhaps you can get the Dealer to replace them on a complementary basis since they may have been missing from the beginning? Also, if they were there when you purchased (or maybe you never noticed until now), how did you lose them? Did you ever have your door panels off? Were they accidentally vacuumed during a cleaning?

Okay, moving on.... Always remember that purchasing parts at the Dealership Parts Department is just like purchasing a car. The prices are usually negotiable. So try to negotiate the price down.

If that does not work to your satisfaction, then as biggee stated the cheap way to go would be a Salvage Yard, if any are available in the color you need.

Good luck.
[/quote]

Hey, it's a 2010 milan and I purchased it used 1 1/2 months ago. I wouldn't say it's a cap, it is a mat but it isn't rubberized like the cup holder bottom, it's just flat plastic. I never took the door apart.
Old 02-04-2011, 03:41 PM   #8
bbf2530
Super Moderator

[quote author=icon5585 link=topic=185826.msg3925206#msg3925206 date=1296847444]

Hey, it's a 2010 milan and I purchased it used 1 1/2 months ago. I wouldn't say it's a cap, it is a mat but it isn't rubberized like the cup holder bottom, it's just flat plastic. I never took the door apart.
[/quote]

Hi icon. Yes, if you purchased used then your options are a bit more limited. You can try to get the Dealer to replace the missing parts and see how you make out. If they wont do it, then a Salvage Yard will be your least expensive option. Look for Fusions or Milans, since other than a possible variation in colors, the part will be exactly the same. Otherwise, it is pay the Dealer/online parts sellers.

Good luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

FordFusionClub.com : The #1 Ford Fusion Forum > Ford General Discussion > Ford Fusion / Mercury Milan / Lincoln Zephyr & MKZ