2010 Fusion V6 transmission whine - FordFusionClub.com : The #1 Ford Fusion Forum

FMVPerformance.com is the premier Ford Fusion Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-31-2010, 09:04 PM   #1
gusherb
Short Track Racer

Default 2010 Fusion V6 transmission whine

Anybody have a Fusion that's transmission whines? Ours has since the first time it had a rebuild, it's been rebuilt a 2nd time now and it still whines like crazy...after having been warmed up and driven stop and go for about 20 minutes. Sometimes it even comes and goes. A way to describe the whine is like a supercharger whine, it increases as the RPM's increase, it's very loud at 3000 RPM.
gusherb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2011, 11:22 PM   #2
con_fusion
Moped Rider

Default Re: 2010 Fusion V6 transmission whine

Hey GusHerb,

My 2010 SEL seems to whine in the morning when it's cold but I'm not sure it's the transmission.

Check this post and see if this might be it: http://www.fordfusionforum.com/index...nes-when-cold/

I need to try and check mine to see if it's coming from the belt area. I guess if it were, it should whine while in park.
con_fusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

FordFusionClub.com : The #1 Ford Fusion Forum > Technical / Model / Performance for the Fusion, Milan, Zephyr > Engine & Drivetrain