Airbag Cover in Dash - FordFusionClub.com : The #1 Ford Fusion Forum

FMVPerformance.com is the premier Ford Fusion Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-19-2010, 11:45 PM   #1
HALOREALM
Le Mans: Prototype Class

Default Airbag Cover in Dash

I just notice my cover starting to lift a bit in one corner. Is this a problem with the cover or the dash and what has been done to fix it?
HALOREALM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2010, 12:27 AM   #2
Canadian_LX

Default Re: Airbag Cover in Dash

do you park in direct sunlight?
Canadian_LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 12:36 AM   #3
HALOREALM

[quote author=Canadian_LX link=topic=183778.msg3887606#msg3887606 date=1292822869]
do you park in direct sunlight?
[/quote]

Unfortunately it had to sit outside most of the summer. Now it's cold of course but is just now noticeable
Old 12-20-2010, 12:51 AM   #4
Canadian_LX

have you got any pics? I know it sounds "old" , but when every day when I got home from work this summer (i work nights), i'd put towels on the dash and one of those reflective window shields in the window to keep the UV rays out.

It could be because of the temperature changes your car is now experiencing - heating up while your driving and cooling off drastically at night. Maybe some of the materials that are expanding and contracting are not liking the changes too much??
Old 12-20-2010, 12:55 AM   #5
HALOREALM

[quote author=Canadian_LX link=topic=183778.msg3887622#msg3887622 date=1292824266]
have you got any pics? I know it sounds "old" , but when every day when I got home from work this summer (i work nights), i'd put towels on the dash and one of those reflective window shields in the window to keep the UV rays out.

It could be because of the temperature changes your car is now experiencing - heating up while your driving and cooling off drastically at night. Maybe some of the materials that are expanding and contracting are not liking the changes too much??
[/quote]

It's nothing serious yet but I can foresee it becoming ugly in the future. Surely it is the cover that is distorting and no the dash? Tint is going on next month and I may get one of those dash overlays. I really hate to fool with the overlay but it is what is I suppose. It will be 5 years old January 5th and this is the first season it has been outside.
Old 12-20-2010, 01:01 AM   #6
Canadian_LX

My guess would be the cover for sure. I couldnt see the dash warping that much this early.

I'd also recommend some tint if you're going to be parking outside, this way your seats are also protected. I'm not sure what dash overlays you're talking about though? Are they like a pad or cover? I was referring to those big ugly things that stand in the window and are held up by the visors haha.
Old 12-20-2010, 01:28 AM   #7
HALOREALM

[quote author=Canadian_LX link=topic=183778.msg3887634#msg3887634 date=1292824900]
My guess would be the cover for sure. I couldnt see the dash warping that much this early.

I'd also recommend some tint if you're going to be parking outside, this way your seats are also protected. I'm not sure what dash overlays you're talking about though? Are they like a pad or cover? I was referring to those big ugly things that stand in the window and are held up by the visors haha.
[/quote]

LOL...I've got the front window lunar module tin foil. It probably didn't get used as it should though.
Old 12-20-2010, 02:15 AM   #8
Canadian_LX

[quote author=HALOREALM link=topic=183778.msg3887654#msg3887654 date=1292826518]LOL...I've got the front window lunar module tin foil. It probably didn't get used as it should though.[/quote]

Thats the one!!! hahaha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

FordFusionClub.com : The #1 Ford Fusion Forum > Ford Fusion Visual / Audio > Maintenance and Care