Code P061B - FordFusionClub.com : The #1 Ford Fusion Forum

FMVPerformance.com is the premier Ford Fusion Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-16-2010, 09:11 AM   #1
Gilberto Perrella
Bicycle Rider

Default Code P061B

I need more details about Fusion trouble code P061B.
Gilberto Perrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2010, 09:21 AM   #2
06Ffusion
Le Mans: GT Class

Default Re: Code P061B

Have you had your car tuned or is it stock?

I know some people have gotten this code with a bad tune but there has to be other things that can cause it...

***EDIT***

Just did some searching and found that this code can be caused from a cold start combined with a rapid transmission gear engagement. The fix is to get the PCM reprogrammed.

Good Luck.
Old 12-16-2010, 09:46 AM   #3
biggee72
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to biggee72

While I'm sure there's plenty of people who are happy to help, you may want to try introducing yourself first instead of demanding an explanation as to why you've got a trouble code. I googled it and came up with about 350 different answers on it. Try that.
biggee72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 10:42 AM   #4
bbf2530
Super Moderator

[quote author=Gilberto Perrella link=topic=183637.msg3884751#msg3884751 date=1292508713]
I need more details about Fusion trouble code P061B.
[/quote]

Hi Gilberto. You don't provide any clues as to what information you currently have or what type of added details you are looking for? So with that limited information, here is what I have found:

DTC code P061B - "Internal Control Module Torque Calculation Performance - Indicates a calculation error occurred in the powertrain control module (PCM). This DTC is set in combination with P2106".

DTC code P2106 (are you also getting this code, as they often accompany each other?): "Throttle Actuator Control System-Forced Limited Power".

Hope this information helps.

Good luck.

EDITED PS - I had typed this entire reply up before 06Ffusion or biggee had replied, was called away from the computer and just came back and hit "Post" So I had not read those replies before posting.
bbf2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 04:11 PM   #5
osirisoblivion
Bicycle Rider

I have same code as well as P1464, P1650, P1703. Was on long road trip in slightly sub freezing temps. On highway at around 60 mph steady, engine hesitated briefly and seemed to go back to normal. This happened about four times then cars check engine light (the little wrench) came on. Light stayed on for rest of trip home around 100 miles, did not come back on when car was turned on again four days later.

This was my first time using a code reader, Innova Equus 3160. I am very new at doing self repair and diagnosis.
osirisoblivion is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

FordFusionClub.com : The #1 Ford Fusion Forum > Ford Fusion Visual / Audio > Maintenance and Care