2010 Heater Fan went bad.. on national back order - FordFusionClub.com : The #1 Ford Fusion Forum

FMVPerformance.com is the premier Ford Fusion Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-11-2010, 07:30 PM   #1
ztardivo
Short Track Racer

Default 2010 Heater Fan went bad.. on national back order

so my heater fan under the glovebox started ticking a few weeks ago, it recently got worse so i took it into the dealer. It sounds like a fan with something stuck between the blades... Ford said the fan core went bad.. its a 105 dollar part and they said their vendor is on national backorder and i have to wait around a month for them to get one in.. In the meantime i can still use the car, but i have to deal with the loud noise.

Has anyone else experienced this? i would assume since the part is on backorder already...

Steeda CAI, Magnaflow Catback 16675, 6000K 55watt HID Lowbeams, Yellow Stained Glass painted fogs with Silverstars, LED License Plate lights/puddle lights/ interior dome, chrome front signal bulbs, 20% tint rear/ 35% front, Lincoln MKZ engine cover.
ztardivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2010, 08:10 PM   #2
bbf2530
Super Moderator

Default Re: 2010 Heater Fan went bad.. on national back order

[quote author=ztardivo link=topic=183443.msg3881250#msg3881250 date=1292113823]
so my heater fan under the glovebox started ticking a few weeks ago, it recently got worse so i took it into the dealer. It sounds like a fan with something stuck between the blades... Ford said the fan core went bad.. its a 105 dollar part and they said their vendor is on national backorder and i have to wait around a month for them to get one in.. In the meantime i can still use the car, but i have to deal with the loud noise.

Has anyone else experienced this? i would assume since the part is on backorder already...
[/quote]

Hi ztardivo. Not an unusual problem in any car of any year (not common, just not unusual). It is quickly and easily repaired once the part is in.

Good luck.
bbf2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 02:10 AM   #3
Big Jim
Le Mans: GT Class

Something Ford does that is both right thing to do and causes frustrations for car owners, is once they identify a bad part. they quit shipping it until it is corrected. All automakers do this to some extent, but Ford does it more.

It is frustrating if you have a car that needs a part that is not available, but it is much more frustrating if they make a repair with another suspect part, and it fails again.
Big Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 05:07 AM   #4
thebestneverrest
Moped Rider

The fan in my '09 was doing the same thing. I took it in 3 weeks ago and they replaced the blower motor. Took 3 hours.
thebestneverrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 11:47 PM   #5
Chris00gt
Short Track Racer

Send a message via AIM to Chris00gt Send a message via Yahoo to Chris00gt

Same thing here. Took my 09 in 2 month ago and had the fan replaced. Dropped it off in the morning and had it back before lunch.
2009 Ford Fusion SEL V-6, Blue Suede, Moon & Toons, Remote Start, Magniflow cat-back, Steeda Cold Air, Steeda SCT tune-93 octane, Steeda strut tower brace, Steeda rear sway bar, GTSPEC rear trailing braces, Steeda x-brace, Megan H brace, Steeda TB spacer, TB coolant delete mod, Fluidamper Underdrive Crank Pulley, Steeda Motor Mount, Engine Cover, Red Line hood struts, Hidden trailer hitch.
2000 Saleen S-281 SC 530rwhp &460rwtq (SAE)
1991 Saleen H/C/I with NOS
Chris00gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 11:35 AM   #6
seasonalskier

Send a message via AIM to seasonalskier Send a message via Yahoo to seasonalskier

[quote author=Big Jim link=topic=183443.msg3881358#msg3881358 date=1292137829]
...once they identify a bad part. they quit shipping it until it is corrected.
[/quote]
Its on back order, not suspended. I am going to need one too soon so I checked in on it and like he said, its back ordered not suspended. :P
seasonalskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 09:51 AM   #7
roaf85
Short Track Racer

I had the same thing happen to my 09 last month. Fan started "whining". Part was overnighted by Ford and I think the replacement took like 3 hours. Should be covered under warranty.
roaf85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 11:33 AM   #8
Larryh86GT
Moped Rider

This is good stuff to know when the ticking and whining starts.

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
Larryh86GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 11:50 AM   #9
ztardivo
Short Track Racer

still havent heard back from the dealer yet..... and yes this is covered under my warranty.

The ticking has gotten really bad recently, so i decided to do a quick fix.

I released the tension cable from the glove box, pinched the sides in and lowered the glove box. Removed the access door to the cabin air filter, removed the filter, and sprayed a few sprays of WD40 onto the fan.

Ran the fan for a bit.... sprayed again... and the ticking went away for a week or so. The tick is back.. but it was definitely worth the time to not have to listen to this for a week.

Im surprised the dealer didn't just do this and tell me everything was fine.
Steeda CAI, Magnaflow Catback 16675, 6000K 55watt HID Lowbeams, Yellow Stained Glass painted fogs with Silverstars, LED License Plate lights/puddle lights/ interior dome, chrome front signal bulbs, 20% tint rear/ 35% front, Lincoln MKZ engine cover.
Old 02-02-2011, 01:31 PM   #10
ztardivo
Short Track Racer

Got a call from the dealer and the part finally came in. Dealer installed the new part and everything is good to go.....

... except for the fact that they broke a peice off the glovebox hinge.. now it doesnt close properly and i have to wait for a new one to come in. haha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

FordFusionClub.com : The #1 Ford Fusion Forum > Ford General Discussion > Ford Fusion / Mercury Milan / Lincoln Zephyr & MKZ