How do you remove the automatic transmission pan on 2.3 Fusion? - FordFusionClub.com : The #1 Ford Fusion Forum

FMVPerformance.com is the premier Ford Fusion Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 09-05-2010, 04:08 PM   #1
paulwilson05
Moped Rider

Default How do you remove the automatic transmission pan on 2.3 Fusion?

How can I take of the transmission pan? Any hints? There are lots of screws on the driver's side right above the frame brace that look impossible to get to. I want to change my transmission filter. I'm about to give up and just drain and replace the fluid and call it a day. My car has 57,000 miles on it and has never had a transmission service.

I noticed gushed RTV silicone on the transmission pan.

2007 Ford Fusion SE 2.3l 4 cyl with Mazda 5-speed.
Power Torque brand transmission filter kit with FK-396 filter and rubber gasket (O'Reilly Auto Parts) (Taiwan) $20 ($100 at Grapevine Ford dealer).
Ford Motorcraft FNR5 Automatic Transmission Fluid. I bought 8 of these for about $5.15 per quart after shipping on eBay ($10 per quart at Grapevine Ford dealer)
paulwilson05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

FordFusionClub.com : The #1 Ford Fusion Forum > Technical / Model / Performance for the Fusion, Milan, Zephyr > Engine & Drivetrain > I4 Engine Discussion