Front Right Turn Signal Does Not Work When Headlights Are On - FordFusionClub.com : The #1 Ford Fusion Forum

FMVPerformance.com is the premier Ford Fusion Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 08-26-2010, 09:49 PM   #1
Cel
Bicycle Rider

Default Front Right Turn Signal Does Not Work When Headlights Are On

Hello all,

Sorry for asking for help on the first post. I've been lurking here for a while and enjoy the forum. On to the problem: I have a 2006 Mercury Milan Limited. When I have my parking lights or headlights on, the front right turn signal will not work. It's ONLY the right side.

It will blink one time and then stay solid. The guage cluster message center will say to 'Check the RF Lamp' or something similar. The right rear turn signal will also blink fast. With the headlights or park lights off, EVERYTHING works fine. The turn signal at both the front and back will blink normally.

Any ideas on what could be causing this? I'm thinking it could be a wiring problem that developed all of a sudden. Thanks for your help.
Cel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2010, 07:13 AM   #2
mrkyle3
Short Track Racer

Default Re: Front Right Turn Signal Does Not Work When Headlights Are On

It sounds like a fuse issue to me judging from the fact that your rear signal blinks too quickly. You may just need to replace a fuse.
Old 08-27-2010, 12:40 PM   #3
Cel
Bicycle Rider

Thanks mykyle3, I will give that a try.
Old 08-27-2010, 04:12 PM   #4
Gilbertsville PA
Short Track Racer

The bulb filiments may be touching in the parking turnsignal bulb.
Gilbertsville PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 04:27 PM   #5
Cel
Bicycle Rider

Okay, the fuses are fine. Gilbertsville PA~ I'm using LED bulbs that I ordered from autolumination for the turn signals. It's crazy, because they work perfectly fine when the headlights or parking lights are not on. I swapped the led bulbs and put the right on the left and the left on the right. The left front turn signal started acting up. So I'm thinking it could just be the bulb. BUT, yesterday I went to autozone and put in a regular bulb on the right side and it did the same thing with a regular bulb. Right turn signal worked absolutely fine with the headlights or park lights off but when with them on, the turn signal just stays solid.
Old 08-27-2010, 08:16 PM   #6
Cel
Bicycle Rider

Also, another strange thing. When I removed the fuse that runs the park lights/turn signals and side marker lights, the turn signals work JUST FINE with the headlights on or off. Of course the sidemarkers and park lights are not lit up with the headlights on because of the fuse being removed, but they light up and blink just fine when you use the turn signal indicator. What tha h**l? :shock:
Old 08-28-2010, 04:51 PM   #7
S1ck
Short Track Racer

Try swapping the fuse. Could just be a bad fuse. Sometimes the lead cracks where you cant see it and it cant hold the load from the flasher. Also, be sure the bulbs are connected in the right polarity, as ive had LED sidemarkers that would turn on whichever way they are inserted, but would start doing crazy things.
S1ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 11:25 PM   #8
seasonalskier

Send a message via AIM to seasonalskier Send a message via Yahoo to seasonalskier

Nothing is wrong with fuses or anything you need to add resistors to the system, right now your car is thinking there is a short circuit in the system because of the dropped resistance thanks to the new bulbs, mine did the same thing, give me a minute and I will tell you what resistor you need.
seasonalskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 11:35 PM   #9
seasonalskier

Send a message via AIM to seasonalskier Send a message via Yahoo to seasonalskier

Ok so you need 2 of the 6 ohm resistors on this page: http://autolumination.com/equalizers.htm
This will trick your SJB into thinking there is a conventional bulb in there instead of an LED bulb. Your having the EXACT same problem as I was having when I first got my LED turn signals even down to the passenger side not working and the drivers does.
seasonalskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 03:27 AM   #10
Cel
Bicycle Rider

S1ck~I checked and they are placed in correctly. They won't even come on if they are in wrong. They've been working fine for months. This problem just developed all of a sudden.

Seasonalskier~Thing is, they've been working fine since February. This problem just started all of a sudden. I am using the third ones from the top on this page: http://autolumination.com/3157_3156.htm The super white ones. What would cause this to happen out of the blue?

By the way, I really appreciate all of your responses. This forum has some of the most helpful people I have ever run across, in person or internet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

FordFusionClub.com : The #1 Ford Fusion Forum > Technical / Model / Performance for the Fusion, Milan, Zephyr > Exterior Lighting