"check charging system" - FordFusionClub.com : The #1 Ford Fusion Forum

FMVPerformance.com is the premier Ford Fusion Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 06-20-2009, 05:59 PM   #1
coogi86
Bicycle Rider

Default "check charging system"

SO i got the message check charging system and my car would not turn on. I drove it hopme last night. Im just wondering could this be just the battery or is my alternator or other things shot also?
coogi86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2009, 11:06 PM   #2
dero
Le Mans: GT Class

Default Re: "check charging system"

It could be completely unrelated to the charging system. If the key is on but the engine is not running it will say that anyway.
dero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 10:22 PM   #3
coogi86
Bicycle Rider

Well because I was in my car and I went to start it and nothing. It said "check charging system". I thought the battery was dead but now if I just hold the key all the way at start it starts up but alittle rough as if it was the battery dying. Now im thinking it might be a loose ground or something. Any thoughts?
Old 06-23-2009, 10:41 PM   #4
dero

It could be electrical, I just wouldn't limit yourself to it. I am just saying you will see that message when the alternator isn't outputting power (the engine is not running). Any trouble codes?
dero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 09:23 AM   #5
06Ffusion

The simplest way I can think of testing to see if it is in fact an electrical problem (My guess) you can try hooking up some jumper cables to the battery with another car as if you were trying to jump a dead battery. If it starts right away then at least you know it is something with the charging system.

Since the car did start, it sounds like either a bad ground or a battery that's on the edge of being dead. Its not uncommon for a battery to come "defective" from the factory. If under warranty I would take the car in, but you can always look under the hood at the electrical connections. If you see any black marks around the connections its a sign of arcing typically caused by a loose wire.

Good Luck.
Old 06-24-2009, 06:13 PM   #6
coogi86
Bicycle Rider

I was thinking bad ground but ima check the power of the battery also. Are there any common electrical issues with the 06?
Old 06-25-2009, 01:02 PM   #7
06Ffusion

I haven't heard of any. Some have had batteries go and other have had some minor issues but a lot of them seem to be a few here and there which is typical of any new model vehicle. Let us know how it turns out.
Old 07-07-2012, 01:50 AM   #8
chubbzfusion

bringing old new back , this just happen to me lol
STreet scene body kit (FLUSHED), GT SHELBY spoiler FLUSHED , 20' LEXANI LX 6/ with carbon fiber insert, CF door handles and CF side mirrors, mesh upper lower n rear black street scene grills, 7.5 indash touchscreen , Steeda CAI & strut bar. Eibach pro lowering kit, Tokico shocks .BREMBO BRAKE KITS. custom caliper rear covers.Borla cat back exhaust

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2627140
chubbzfusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 03:53 PM   #9
themason

Corrosion buildup on the positive terminal. they used 3 different metals (lead post, stamp metal on the clamp and copper for the wire) in close proximity. This, with a little dirt deposit will cause corrosion and degrade the connection.
themason is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

FordFusionClub.com : The #1 Ford Fusion Forum > Technical / Model / Performance for the Fusion, Milan, Zephyr > Engine & Drivetrain > V6 Engine Discussion