How to install a front license plate bracket? - FordFusionClub.com : The #1 Ford Fusion Forum

FMVPerformance.com is the premier Ford Fusion Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 06-01-2009, 02:49 PM   #1
digitalfreak
Bicycle Rider

Default How to install a front license plate bracket?

I just purchased a used 2009 Fusion from a state that doesn't require a front license plate. Unfortunately, Ohio does. I bought the OEM front bracket, but I'm not sure how to install it. I figured it would just screw on, but it came with what looks like rivets. How do you install this thing?
digitalfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2009, 03:16 PM   #2
06Ffusion
Le Mans: GT Class

Default Re: How to install a front license plate bracket?

I'd say head to a local auto parts store and pick up a license plate installation kit (two bolts/nuts) they're super cheap. You'll have to drill two holes. If you use the nut/bolt method you'll have a much easier time down if you ever want to remove it when washing/waxing your car.
Old 06-02-2009, 03:28 PM   #3
ff09rt
Short Track Racer

Those are easy, but thats prolly because i work for ford but, just center it on the front bumper and make a mark where the two hole are. then take a 1/4 inch bit an drill them out. then put the 1/4 inch rivets in and you should be all set.
ff09rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 08:50 PM   #4
20louie06
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to 20louie06

Any of the above methods will work. Some people around here had rivets and others didn't. It's really up to you if you want to be able to remove it to wash/wax the car.

If everything is under control, you're not going fast enough.
My Mod Thread
20louie06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

FordFusionClub.com : The #1 Ford Fusion Forum > Ford Fusion Visual / Audio > Exterior Modifications