What is the best battery to put in a Fusion? - FordFusionClub.com : The #1 Ford Fusion Forum

FMVPerformance.com is the premier Ford Fusion Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 09-26-2008, 09:39 AM   #1
FusionOn22s
Short Track Racer

Send a message via Yahoo to FusionOn22s
Default What is the best battery to put in a Fusion?

Wassup forum, i need to get a new battery for my car. Has anyone else had problems with there battery? Has anyone changed out the factory one?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2008, 10:19 AM   #2
MadOx75
Le Mans: GT Class

Default Re: What is the best battery to put in a Fusion?

Just so you know, there are only three companies that manufacture car batteries, regardless of the brand name. These three are Delphi, Exide, and Johnson Controls Industries. Each makes batteries sold under several different brand names. Delphi makes ACDelco and some EverStart (Wal-Mart) models. Exide makes Champion, Exide, Napa, and some EverStart batteries. Johnson Controls makes Diehard (Sears), Duralast (AutoZone), Interstate, Kirkland (Costco), Motorcraft (Ford), and some EverStarts.

According to most consumer tests, Diehard batteries scored the best. But they are made by Johnson, who also makes the Motorcraft battery your car came with. I'm partial to Interstate batteries myself, which are also made by Johnson. Best bet is to look around, get a good battery with a good store warranty and run with it. Chances are the $110 Interstate battery and the $75 Everstart battery are exactly the same thing.
MadOx75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 10:25 AM   #3
bbf2530
Super Moderator

[quote author=FusionOn22s link=topic=124559.msg2643971#msg2643971 date=1222436392]
Wassup forum, i need to get a new battery for my car. Has anyone else had problems with there battery? Has anyone changed out the factory one?
[/quote]

Hi Fusionon22's. Batteries have Warranties, just like the rest of our cars. Why are you not having tbe battery replaced under the Warranty?

Good luck.
bbf2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 10:29 AM   #4
MadOx75

[quote author=bbf2530 link=topic=124559.msg2644092#msg2644092 date=1222439152]
[quote author=FusionOn22s link=topic=124559.msg2643971#msg2643971 date=1222436392]
[/quote]

Hi Fusionon22's. Batteries have Warranties, just like the rest of our cars. Why are you not having tbe battery replaced under the Warranty?

Good luck.
[/quote]

This is also quite true. The stock Motorcraft has at least a 60 month prorated warranty, with 18 month straight replacement. The top of the line BXT96R has a 36 month replacement...
Old 09-26-2008, 11:18 AM   #5
mrc
Le Mans: Prototype Class

I have found that Johnson Controls seem to make the best batteries. I have a part time job at a place that sells Johnson Control batteries (initials AZ) and I see batteries all the time. Even though a lot of these batteries are made by the same company, that doesn't mean they meet the same specifications.
Old 09-26-2008, 11:39 AM   #6
MadOx75

True, but when Johnson Controls makes both the Motorcraft BXL96R (the stock Fusion battery) that retails for around $95 and makes 590CCA, and also makes the Interstate MegaTron plus that retails for $120 and also makes 590CCA, then it would be crazy to buy the Interstate over the Motorcraft. Unless you really used to be a Bobby Labonte fan or something. The warranty and specs on those batteries is exactly the same. The only thing different is the price. All I'm saying is he should be smart. Make sure the battery has at least 550CCA if you live in temperate areas, and at least the stock 590 if you live where its colder. If you live somewhere really cold and want to be safe, go up to 650 if you can. More than that is kind of a waste. But if you come across a battery with the same CCA and RC and warranty/replacement policy, you may as well go with the cheaper one.
Old 09-26-2008, 11:42 AM   #7
mrc
Le Mans: Prototype Class

I agree...all things being equal (CCA), go with the cheaper battery made by the same manufacturer. Warranty plays a big part too...
Old 09-26-2008, 12:09 PM   #8
justinhoover
Short Track Racer

johnson does have good batteries....
the only other option is to get a battery that is remanned, so to speak, in that it is redone with heavier plates...there is a place around me called battery warehouse..they sell these types of batteries at pretty cheap prices with huge cca ratings...i just bought a replacement for my f150.....49.99 for a 1300cca battery. its just a black battery with no sticvkers, and it weighs a ton
justinhoover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 06:13 PM   #9
FusionOn22s
Short Track Racer

Send a message via Yahoo to FusionOn22s

Thanks for the feed back. I am going to call the Ford dealership tomorrow morning to see if they will replace it under warrenty. They always give me a hard time a/b everything, just b/c my car is "custom"! Like for example: when i bout the car they told me i could get 2 free oil changes there at the dealership, well the first oil change rolls around & i take the car up there to get it done... They tell me that they cant touch my car b/c i have modified it! (at the time all i had done to the car was some 20's, thats it!) So i dont know, it might be easier to just go buy one! Does anyone know anything a/b what will void your warrenty?? Thanks
Old 09-26-2008, 06:16 PM   #10
MadOx75

Read this -

http://www.morethantires.com/MagnusonMoss.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

FordFusionClub.com : The #1 Ford Fusion Forum > Technical / Model / Performance for the Fusion, Milan, Zephyr > Engine & Drivetrain