Gear shift 'knob' - FordFusionClub.com : The #1 Ford Fusion Forum

FMVPerformance.com is the premier Ford Fusion Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 02-18-2008, 07:27 AM   #1
nuowner
Grand Am Series

Default Gear shift 'knob'

Was there an optional leather wrapped gear selector handle/knob on any of the Fusions? I thought I'd seen that but can't even find the selector handle/knob on any parts lists anywhere to check. Is the 'pebbly' rubbery material the only thing there is, and are they all black? Thanks...
nuowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2008, 12:40 PM   #2
mrc
Le Mans: Prototype Class

Default Re: Gear shift 'knob'

As far as I know, there is no option for your knob. One size fits all or find a nice after market one. I have a polished stainless knob on my short shifter.
Old 02-18-2008, 03:53 PM   #3
eiching1
Le Mans: GT Class

Nuowner, Can I assume by your post that you have an automatic?
SCT Tuner W/89 Perf. tune,K&N drop in,TB ground,Chrome exhaust tips,Wheelskins wheel cover,Zephyr auto shift knob,Pioneer DEH-P4800MP headunit,iPod Touch,Garmin1450LMT,Kenwood/JBL speakers,Bazooka rear amp,Fog lights-Luminics yellow bulbs,Silverstar Ultra H7 high beams,rear spoiler,Strut Tower Bar,19mm rear sway bar,clear side markers,chrome signal bulbs
eiching1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 08:35 PM   #4
nuowner
Grand Am Series

Yes... automatic. That rubbery pebble textured stuff feels sticky to me, and I rest my hand there while fiddling with the radio. Don't like it.

It's the little things...
nuowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 09:01 PM   #5
eiching1

I purchased a Zephyr knob off eBay. I haven't seen any lately, but keep an eye out or check with the dealer. It has a silver strip in the middle and leather around it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dash pic2.jpg (89.8 KB, 73 views)
File Type: jpg Dash pic2.jpg (89.8 KB, 72 views)
File Type: jpg Dash pic2.jpg (89.8 KB, 71 views)
SCT Tuner W/89 Perf. tune,K&N drop in,TB ground,Chrome exhaust tips,Wheelskins wheel cover,Zephyr auto shift knob,Pioneer DEH-P4800MP headunit,iPod Touch,Garmin1450LMT,Kenwood/JBL speakers,Bazooka rear amp,Fog lights-Luminics yellow bulbs,Silverstar Ultra H7 high beams,rear spoiler,Strut Tower Bar,19mm rear sway bar,clear side markers,chrome signal bulbs
Old 02-19-2008, 01:14 AM   #6
Mutnat

Send a message via MSN to Mutnat

Hey that's not bad... would match the silver dash trim that comes with the SAP too, I think. Do you have a part number for it by chance? Was the swap easy?
Old 02-19-2008, 05:25 PM   #7
eiching1

Sorry, I don't have a part number. Swap out was very easy. The one issue I had was that the trim in the middle was a golden color and I had to paint it. I am not sure if it comes in silver or not.
Old 02-19-2008, 07:19 PM   #8
Mutnat

Send a message via MSN to Mutnat

Oh Gold eh? Weird. Well, it's an option anyway...
Old 02-19-2008, 08:24 PM   #9
eiching1

I should say gold "tint" or "tannish" to ward the that hue, definitely not silver. But it is plastic , so it was paintable.
Old 02-19-2008, 10:13 PM   #10
kevjur
F1 Driver

Send a message via AIM to kevjur Send a message via Yahoo to kevjur

Check out www.nextag.com and type in shift knobs, there's pages and pages of them. Even saw some Hurst shifter knobs for a Fusion.

FordFusionClub.com : The #1 Ford Fusion Forum > Ford Fusion Visual / Audio > Interior Modifications