SE vs. SEL - FordFusionClub.com : The #1 Ford Fusion Forum

FMVPerformance.com is the premier Ford Fusion Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 10-24-2007, 10:48 PM   #1
FusionFanatic1951
Moped Rider

Default SE vs. SEL

Hey Guys,

Ive got a question. Im hoping to buy a Fusion in the Next year or so and I was wondering what is the difference between the SE trim and the SEL and what do you all recommend ? Ive done so much research already that Im Dying to have the car =[ I just want to keep learning about it. Thanks
FusionFanatic1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2007, 11:11 AM   #2
bbf2530
Super Moderator

Default Re: SE vs. SEL

[quote author=FusionFanatic1951 link=topic=92717.msg1807419#msg1807419 date=1193280490]
Hey Guys,

Ive got a question. Im hoping to buy a Fusion in the Next year or so and I was wondering what is the difference between the SE trim and the SEL and what do you all recommend ? Ive done so much research already that Im Dying to have the car =[ I just want to keep learning about it. Thanks
[/quote]

Hi FusionFanatic1951. To answer your questions in the best manner, I would recommend you go to the http://www.fordvehicles.com/cars/fusion/features/ site.

Be sure to click on all of the tabs ("Interior Features", "Power & Handling", "Exterior Features", "Safety&quot, or just click on the "View All" tab.

There you can scroll through all of the differences between the Fusion models. The list will show what is standard, optional and not available on each model. Much more efficient than hoping us bozos get it right (I am including myself in the bozo category).

Also, if you haven't done so already, pick up a Fusion brochure and any other literature they have at your local Ford Dealer.

Whichever you decide to go with, good luck!

PS - Personally, I would recommend you get the SEL. I have a Lincoln MKZ, but at the same time I ordered mine, I helped my neighbor order a Black on Black, Fusion SEL, on the X-Plan. It is a beautiful car.
bbf2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 01:19 PM   #3
kevjur
F1 Driver

Send a message via AIM to kevjur Send a message via Yahoo to kevjur

I recommend the sel, to me the se looks kind of plain.(no offence to any se drivers)
Old 10-25-2007, 02:11 PM   #4
HALOREALM
Le Mans: Prototype Class

[quote author=kevjur link=topic=92717.msg1808877#msg1808877 date=1193332796]
I recommend the sel, to me the se looks kind of plain.(no offence to any se drivers)
[/quote]
+1 SEL. But its all about choice and taste in vehicles, what ya want and want ya don't want. Happy shopping!
HALOREALM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 10:41 PM   #5
FusionFanatic1951
Moped Rider

Hey Guys thanks for all the Help

Yea Ive got a brochure on it and I've been reading up and comparing them. I just wanted to see your alls view on it. Im really REALLY anxious and hope im able to get it :? Every day im on this computer I look at something about it lol..It is such a great car in my view.
*sigh* congrats to every1 that owns one and is happy with it I hope I can get mine very soon to join you all
Old 10-26-2007, 02:34 AM   #6
Johanrsmit
Bicycle Rider

SEL all the way. Spend the extra money it will be worth it. do the math and see how much extra per month it would be between the SE and the SEL. It's not that much. just take a look at the cars that the people have here on the website, they are mainly SEL. good luck, either way you go you will be getting a a GREAT car.
Johanrsmit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 10:59 AM   #7
mrc

I like my SE because I really didn't want too much faux "chrome" like the piece on the trunk and the doors. To me, it doesn't accent the lines of the car. This is especially true since I have a black Fusion. If mine were white, I think the SEL would do the trick with the more accented pieces.

Obviously, I'm not speaking about the other upgrades between the versions, just these in particular.
Old 10-26-2007, 06:03 PM   #8
Skull_Cowboy
Short Track Racer

Psssst. Hey buddy. Get a Milan instead... 8)
Old 10-26-2007, 06:10 PM   #9

Send a message via AIM to 11011101

Chrome fog light bezels, the best stock rims of all time, analog dash clock, chrome exhaust tips... SEL ftw! 8)
11011101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 01:16 AM   #10
FusionFanatic1951
Moped Rider

Lol Ill check into them skull I havnt really ever looked at a Milan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

FordFusionClub.com : The #1 Ford Fusion Forum > Technical / Model / Performance for the Fusion, Milan, Zephyr > Models / Trim