Throttle body problem? - FordFusionClub.com : The #1 Ford Fusion Forum

FMVPerformance.com is the premier Ford Fusion Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 02-13-2007, 04:16 PM   #1
hotkarl
Bicycle Rider

Default Throttle body problem?

Hi all, first time post.

I got a 2006 SEL V6 last week and I noticed the cold start high idle. Took it into the local dealer service department yesterday for the 07-2-3 TSB reflash and today they gave me a call saying that they ran the car through their diagnostics and the throttle body didn't check out.

My car knowledge is pretty limited, but I was a little leary of having the exact symptoms listed in the TSB and having them come back saying the throttle body needed to be replaced, so I thought I'd come here and ask if that sounds legit?

Could the throttle body problem cause the high RPMs on a cold start? (1700 and it stays there until I shift into gear)

TIA
hotkarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2007, 04:22 PM   #2
hotkarl
Bicycle Rider

Default Re: Throttle body problem?

Also, after doing admittedly inadequate research, if the throttle body was having problems wouldn't I see idling issues all the time, instead of just on a cold start?
Old 02-17-2007, 08:15 PM   #3
sebaz
Moped Rider

I'm pretty sure that the Fusions are drive by wire, so I'd assume that it's something electronic. When I had my SVT Focus I had the hanging revs and one ford place said they reflashed it, but the problem didn't stop. I took it to another SVT dealership and they said that it in face had not been reflashed. They flashed it and all was well.

So, before you stress too much about your car being faulty, it might just be incompetence at the dealership, haha. Good luck with it man.
Old 02-18-2007, 01:31 AM   #4
hotkarl
Bicycle Rider

Hey thanks for the response. I actually just got back from taking the car to a different dealership. The more I thought about it, the more I thought the throttle body thing didn't make sense at all. Plus, the error code indicated a problem with the whole throttle body? Wth is that? Does such an error even exist?

Anyway, I thought it seemed pretty dubious so I picked up the car and took it to a different dealer today. They reflashed the PCM, remarked that diagnostics threw no codes after reflashing it, and man... people who said it feels like a different car were not lying.

I was kind of miffed about the first service department. I'm willing to bet anything the code they saw was the one listed on the TSB, the p0606, which doesn't look to me like it has anything to do with the throttle body. To leap from that to advising totally replacing the part? Plus I gave them the TSB printout!!!! I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt and assuming they actually saw a code and didn't want to just screw me.

Old 02-20-2007, 03:17 AM   #5
mechanicboy18
Le Mans: GT Class

Hold up, there is a new program to the computer? Should i get mine reflashed if I'm not having any problems with it?
2006 2.3L Auto SE Oxford White(now the wife's car)17" SEL Wheels and Tires, Magnaflow Cat back, Second cat removed, F2 BSD, Polyurethane FSB bushings. Sold to my brother who has made it look like it's from the ghetto.
JUSNES INTAKE FOR SALE,
2001 Lincoln LS 5 Speed MTX(my rare car)
KKM Intake, Magnaflow Cat-back, Drilled and slotted Rotors.
mechanicboy18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 12:48 PM   #6
hotkarl
Bicycle Rider

Well, check out this TSB http://www.fordfusionclub.com/index.php?topic=66870.0

It depends on the build date of your car it seems. If you are having the symptoms listed then you should get the reflash.
Old 02-21-2007, 10:06 PM   #7
mechanicboy18

I have the I4. I bought it in october. Is there anyway to find out if there is a new code out for mine? Where are you guys going to find out that there is a reflash available? Thanks
2006 2.3L Auto SE Oxford White(now the wife's car)17" SEL Wheels and Tires, Magnaflow Cat back, Second cat removed, F2 BSD, Polyurethane FSB bushings. Sold to my brother who has made it look like it's from the ghetto.
JUSNES INTAKE FOR SALE,
Old 02-22-2007, 02:43 PM   #8
urnews

[quote author=mechanicboy18 link=topic=69433.msg1222928#msg1222928 date=1172113591]
I have the I4. I bought it in october. Is there anyway to find out if there is a new code out for mine? Where are you guys going to find out that there is a reflash available? Thanks
[/quote]
It depends on when the car was manufactured not when you bought it. I believe the Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) is referring to cars built before Sept. 6, 2006.
Heated leather, Moon roof, ABS
urnews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 04:03 PM   #9
mechanicboy18

where do i look to see the manufacture date? the only dates i could find where on the radiator and fan and they say 11/2005.
JUSNES INTAKE FOR SALE,
Old 02-22-2007, 10:04 PM   #10
maudi3
Le Mans: Prototype Class

[quote author=mechanicboy18 link=topic=69433.msg1224863#msg1224863 date=1172178198]
where do i look to see the manufacture date? the only dates i could find where on the radiator and fan and they say 11/2005.
[/quote]

Door jamb.
maudi3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

FordFusionClub.com : The #1 Ford Fusion Forum > Technical / Model / Performance for the Fusion, Milan, Zephyr > Engine & Drivetrain > V6 Engine Discussion