FordFusionClub.com banner

2.0t Mpg

34K views 79 replies 45 participants last post by  Max78 
#1 ·
hows everyone's mileage so far.

winter blend with 1100 miles - average 27.6 mpg

#71 ·
just bought my 2013 fusion titanium AWD a few days ago. So far, i'm averaging 22.7mpg and I have only had it only the highway twice for about 20 minutes each time, so my mileage is from A LOT of stop and start in town traffic. The few times i've been on the interstate, I notice that I am getting around 30mpg between the 60-70mph range. I am pleased with these numbers.

I am a lot more gentle on my vehicles these days over my younger 20s so I rarely feel the need anymore to really step on the gas... However, the urge has hit once or twice so far and I am more than pleased with the response I got.

#72 ·
23.9 MPG with a Titanium FWD

Was planning on getting a 2012 Fusion but got lucky and rented a 2013 Titanium for a recent weekend road trip. Wow; definately gonna get me one of these badboys. Just one thing: averaged 23.9 mpg doing mostly 75-80 with 4 adults and fully loaded trunk (the car had 21K miles on it.)

Am I expecting too much or could it be in need of a tuneup?

#73 ·
I get about 33 mpg out of my v6@ 71mph (salt flats, Utah. What a horrid drive through Nevada and Utah).

Can't speak for the new cars. But honestly people are stupid. If they are all for mpg they most certainly won't go for a ford. Let alone a gas motor over a hybrid. So why the hell do people complain???

There is a trade off. Looks over Mpg. Features over mpg.

You people complaining need to make up your minds and stop acting like a needy house wife.

And reality is.. A few mpg off is litterialy pennies on the dollar at the gas pumps.

So stop your complaining.

#74 ·
One quick calc:

Say smaller car 1 uses 38L to go 500KM
larger car 2 uses 45 to go 500KM

$7 difference. Say you fill up 3.5 times a week = $24.50 extra (using $1/L)

x 12 months is $294

x 6 years (typical ownership) is $1764

So yes, small $ in the short term but $$ in the long run. If you bought a hybrid for anything other than feeling better about yourself and the environment, doing a rough calculation that you used only 20L per 500KM, same time you're saving $6300.

That would be the best case scenario for a hybrid. You'd more or less save $4500 in the 6 years (using over 4L/100KM for sure!). Buut take a hit as you'll need to replace those expensive batteries at one point if you plan on keeping it over 6 years!

I don't think people are getting too bent out of shape for the mpg they are getting for the type of vehicle they have. It is the idea that it may be running in an inefficient state, either from factory or after a few miles and want to get the most out of it.

Put it this way: If you bought a 'fun' car and gunned it around town quite often, it may only be costing you what, 1/3 to a half tank extra per month as opposed to grannying it everyday? For most, that may only be an extra $20-$30 a month. That's like eating out once a month for one person.

Just a thought

#75 · (Edited)
Ive driven 40,000 miles on my 2.0 ecoboost Fusion SE fwd, and over the life of the car, I've averaged 28mpg, and my last tank, I got 31.7mpg over 430miles. I would say half of my driving is city, and half is 55mph roads. but when I drive strictly 70mph highways, I still average around 29mpg.
I consider myself very mpg-conscious but I also enjoy spirited driving. however, I have a turbocharged v6 Probe GT that I can use for that.

For you people getting 23mpg, I find that I would have to really drive my fusion hard to even get close to that number.

#76 ·
No One Buy Newer Fusions or Post Anymore?

Everything I see in this post seems to still occur in my 2017 Fusion Platinum 2.0T AWD with 5,000 miles currently.

Previous vehicle: 2005 Buick Lacrosse V6 105k miles averaging 27.5 mpg driving 75-80 mph highway; 45-55 back road/city. Aggressive driving style.

The Drive: 75 miles one way; 75% highway down I95 corridor; 25% city Richmond/Fredericksburg, VA driving.

Terrain: I95 is "hilly," not mountainous. Noticeable rises and dips but nothing steep. City driving has 10-20 lights at start and finish-variable timers-sometimes lucky and green throughout, usually 50/50 hit or missing red lights.

Driving Style: conservative, 2.5k RPM or less unless unavoidable. Heavy coasting up to lights, slow starts and heavy Smart Cruise Control usage. Highway speed 70 mph; City variable 35-55 mph.

Weather: 5-15 degrees. Winter weather/gas blends.

Results: 25 mpg.

Assessment: Very displeased that gas mileage is worse than a full size boat sedan with a bigger engine and heavier body. Everything previously said, but especially this car DOES NOT coast meaning I cannot lean into the highway hills running the downhill or when attempting to coast to lights etc. The Buick coasts like a hang glider which is probably what keeps its mileage higher! 2.0T AWD rated for 29 mpg. Yes, the cold and winter blend affects that. But if you so much as sneeze towards one of these cars the mpg goes down. However, on the few flat stretches of highway at 70 mph I see the instant mpg hang around 30 mpg-this does give me hope, but the terrain is not going to change on my daily commute! Dare not take it above 70 mph lest your mpg drop exponentially every 5 mph increase. The first night I ran the cruise control at 80 mph and thought I could visibly see the gas meter dropping.

I am aggressively changing my driving habits toward frustratingly conservative, increasing my commute time, while still getting subpar gas mileage in comparison to my previous less fuel efficient vehicle (on paper). While spending more on higher octane gas and tires properly inflated.

Have a '14 Mustang GT. It gets nearly better gas mileage than this on the same trip. 24-26 mpg when I really try to milk every bit out of it.

Ford's fuel rating for these vehicles is complete and utter bullpucky. I love everything else about the car, but purchased it to have improved comfort AND mpg for a long commute. Makes me regret passing on a Hyundai because I have to refill every 2-2.5 days.

#77 ·
No One Buy Newer Fusions or Post Anymore?

Everything I see in this post seems to still occur in my 2017 Fusion Platinum 2.0T AWD with 5,000 miles currently.

Previous vehicle: 2005 Buick Lacrosse V6 105k miles averaging 27.5 mpg driving 75-80 mph highway; 45-55 back road/city. Aggressive driving style.

The Drive: 75 miles one way; 75% highway down I95 corridor; 25% city Richmond/Fredericksburg, VA driving.

Terrain: I95 is "hilly," not mountainous. Noticeable rises and dips but nothing steep. City driving has 10-20 lights at start and finish-variable timers-sometimes lucky and green throughout, usually 50/50 hit or missing red lights.

Driving Style: conservative, 2.5k RPM or less unless unavoidable. Heavy coasting up to lights, slow starts and heavy Smart Cruise Control usage. Highway speed 70 mph; City variable 35-55 mph.

Weather: 5-15 degrees. Winter weather/gas blends.

Results: 25 mpg.

Assessment: Very displeased that gas mileage is worse than a full size boat sedan with a bigger engine and heavier body. Everything previously said, but especially this car DOES NOT coast meaning I cannot lean into the highway hills running the downhill or when attempting to coast to lights etc. The Buick coasts like a hang glider which is probably what keeps its mileage higher! 2.0T AWD rated for 29 mpg. Yes, the cold and winter blend affects that. But if you so much as sneeze towards one of these cars the mpg goes down. However, on the few flat stretches of highway at 70 mph I see the instant mpg hang around 30 mpg-this does give me hope, but the terrain is not going to change on my daily commute! Dare not take it above 70 mph lest your mpg drop exponentially every 5 mph increase. The first night I ran the cruise control at 80 mph and thought I could visibly see the gas meter dropping.

I am aggressively changing my driving habits toward frustratingly conservative, increasing my commute time, while still getting subpar gas mileage in comparison to my previous less fuel efficient vehicle (on paper). While spending more on higher octane gas and tires properly inflated.

Have a '14 Mustang GT. It gets nearly better gas mileage than this on the same trip. 24-26 mpg when I really try to milk every bit out of it.

Ford's fuel rating for these vehicles is complete and utter bullpucky. I love everything else about the car, but purchased it to have improved comfort AND mpg for a long commute. Makes me regret passing on a Hyundai because I have to refill every 2-2.5 days.
You’re Complaining about that Yet My 2017 Ford Fusion 2.0 Ecoboost is getting 10.5 MPG STILL UNDER WARRANTY! Where are the Real Issues in This Forum?🤦🏽‍♂️