FordFusionClub.com banner

Just Turned 100,000 on my 06 2.3

7K views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  SirTanon 
#1 ·
Still ticking along. Running better than ever. Using no oil at all. Have only replaced front brakes(80,000) and rear brakes(87,000). Thats it! Love this car. Truly a road warrior friend for my daily use. Never lets me down. Just thought I'd check in. See you at the next 100,000.

#2 ·
awesome!! i just hit 34k on my 07 and Im still a little sad haha. keep up the maintenance like cooling system, trans, and brake fluid and ittl keep on ticking like it is.

thanks for the update

#4 ·
well the 5 speed helps keep the maintenance down, but it still needs a trans fluid change. over time the fluid inside breaks down and does not have the same properties as new that help keep the heat down and lubricate properly.

though in my experience its not as critical to do it as frequently as an auto trans. but definitely recommended and should be done.

#5 ·
06 Milan 2.3 just turned 140,000 this past Friday. Plugs, tires, brakes, and changed coolant/trans fluid. (general maintenance)
Running great!

#6 ·
I wasn't so lucky as I was hoping. Mine just turned 114k and something happened with the timing chain. Now every single exhaust valve is bent

#10 ·
[quote author=acedeuce802 link=topic=193791.msg4185592#msg4185592 date=1328991886]
[quote author=ahanix1989 link=topic=193791.msg4185564#msg4185564 date=1328985219]
These are interference engines?
[/quote]Unfortunately, yes.
[/quote]

Almost all modern engines are, for obvious engineering reasons.

#12 ·
Over 161,00 now. Looks like I will be needed to replace the alternator, my voltage is starting to go down.
Will take care of that and replace the belt and tensioner. May as well install a new thermostat while I am at also.

#14 · (Edited)
It's going to be hard to say "how long it's going to last." That's like brakes, tires, no one really knows. Since that we don't know your driving habits? If you do your regular maintenance? You can have someone hard on their vehicle and not have it go. Others can baby it and have it go. There is too many variables to give you a "yes" or "no" answer. I'm at 123,000 km/76,739 miles and I haven't had any issues with mine. I just realized that previous owner changed it at 112,500 km/69,500 miles. Going by your mileage I got a long time before I have to change mine again. The OEM battery took 8 years before the CCA were at half, it was time to replace. Never had a battery last that long.

I love these kind of threads. On another forum that I use to be through, people would post their odometers through the forum. It was pretty cool to see the amount of km's/miles that some people got out of their vehicles.

#15 ·
If the OP doesn't mind, I too just turned 100k on my Fusion, Clutch.

Bought him with 56,400. Can't complain a single bit, been virtually trouble-free and fun on a bun!

#16 ·
nice! I just rolled 106k. I havent done much. motor mounts, thermostat, maintenance, tires. Ive had an optima battery in it since I bought it at 40k with no battery issues in the texas heat. I had to change the manual tranny fluid recently as the shifter starting sticking really bad once it got warm. Needs shocks and struts right now as it has starting to wallow all over the place. I've had to change the evaporator temp sensor and the evaporator. I mean its had some issues but all have been pretty cheap to repair. The most expensive/bitch of a job has been the evaporator. I wrecked the car and I think having the system open for a while as they repaired it may have caused the issue as they may have not vacuumed it down really well before recharging the system. But otherwise its just been maintenance stuff and I drive it everyday. It may need some brakes soon, not bad for the original brakes. Original clutch too as far as I know

#17 · (Edited)
I'm going to bump this thread to add my experience. I bought my Fusion new in January of 2006 and this past summer I rolled over 100k. Mine is a 2006 with the 2.3L and MT. I love the car and its been a real trooper. I have to do the rear brakes more often that I would like, but I think that's because it doesn't get driven on weekdays (I take the train to work), and I have to leave the parking break on (being a MT).

Now that I crossed 100k it seems the problems are starting to creep out. Nothing major, thankfully. First the alternator went (voltage regulator actually but you have to replace the whole think), then the thermostat, now it seems the valve cover seal needs to be replaced. Lately the mileage has dropped way down, from ~29 mpg to ~21. I'm hoping that's just because the bad thermostat wasn't letting the engine get hot enough, but we'll see. The new one is in, but I haven't been able to put the car back together yet, because I snapped the nut on the tensioner trying to get the belt back on.

Hopefully once everything is back together, that will be it for a long while.

#18 ·
I'm just a little over 194,000 on my 2010 SE 2.5, and it gets me back and forth to work to the tune of 75miles round trip every day. I had to replace the tensioner pulley about 10k miles ago, but that was easy.

Don't have to add a drop of oil in the whole 7500 mile oci. These engines are great.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.