FordFusionClub.com banner

Cooled seats in a Fusion?

20K views 28 replies 7 participants last post by  Milan Premier 
#1 ·
I originally had thought of this when I purchased the car, but Winter came quickly and it was moved down the list of things to do.

I want to install (or have installed) the Lincoln version of cooled seats. Not the actual seats, but the cooling inserts or whatever they are. I have extra 'buttons' in my centerstack which I assume could be replaced for functional cooling buttons (located below the heated seats buttons).

But i am just wondering if this is at all possible? or what it would entail having done? Wiring, modules, harnesses, Im rambling like i know what im talking about, but honestly, im pleading for your help! :shock: :lol: Has nobody thought of doing this?

Why? plain and simple, my arse sweats in the summer heat. :wink: :lmao:

Hope this is clear enough to understand! :cheers:

Attachments

See less See more
#27 ·
I found it... :)

It looks like they use a mating similar to a heating pad. Seems to flip polarity via MS CAN (gray/org and violet/org).

The Electronic Manual Temperature Control (EMTC) system heats or cools the vehicle depending on the HVAC module — control panel selection.

Car needs Front Controls Interface Module (FCIM) (comes with Fusion and Milan with navigation and all MKZ)

The wiring diagram is identical for the Fusion/Milan with heated seats as compared to the MKZ. Same parts/wiring color codes/etc.

Only problem I see is where to put the (cooling) switch for the Fusion/Milan...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.