FordFusionClub.com banner

custom 3.5 engine cover emblem help

4K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Pancakes 
#1 · (Edited)
Finally got my engine cover... :lol:
I've been looking for a lincoln 3.5 engine cover searching local junk yards n such trying to find one for under $100 with insulators.
No luck until I got a msg from fastdura saying he had a spare that he would ship with insulators for $99.. Perfect. :awais:
So using some paint and materials I had laying around this is what I did with it.
I started by sanding off the linclon letters with 80 grit and hit the whole thing with 220.

All primed up ready for paint.

Finished product with 3 coats of high heat clear.

Its not perfect but came out pretty damn good minus a couple little blemishes(had to put a seam in the vinyl as I used left over pieces).
Now Im just not too sure on what im going to do as far as emblems. ive seen some of the trunk emblems on there and too me they just look out of place. im thinking of trying to find raised F O R D letters to put in the middle and i might make a 3.5 duratec logo.
What you guys think?

See less See more
#4 ·
I'd pass on the Ford and just do the 3.5 Duratec, or 3.5 DOHC. I saw one that just had the Sport badge from the back on it. That was pretty clean looking too.

#7 ·
I actually lucked out and another member from here fastdura shipped me the cover with insulators, ball stud and oil filler neck.
But I managed to dig up the part numbers for ya.

7H6Z-6A949-AA Cover
7T4Z-6763-BA Oil fill Extention
7T4Z-6N958-A Ball Stud
7T4Z-9P686-B Insulators x2 new cover does not come with them...

http://www.fordfusionclub.com/showthread.php?t=383004
cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.