FordFusionClub.com banner

Gear shift 'knob'

5K views 25 replies 9 participants last post by  nuowner 
#1 ·
Was there an optional leather wrapped gear selector handle/knob on any of the Fusions? I thought I'd seen that but can't even find the selector handle/knob on any parts lists anywhere to check. Is the 'pebbly' rubbery material the only thing there is, and are they all black? Thanks...

#3 ·
Nuowner, Can I assume by your post that you have an automatic?

#5 ·
I purchased a Zephyr knob off eBay. I haven't seen any lately, but keep an eye out or check with the dealer. It has a silver strip in the middle and leather around it.

Attachments

#6 ·
Hey that's not bad... would match the silver dash trim that comes with the SAP too, I think. Do you have a part number for it by chance? Was the swap easy?

#7 ·
Sorry, I don't have a part number. Swap out was very easy. The one issue I had was that the trim in the middle was a golden color and I had to paint it. I am not sure if it comes in silver or not.

#8 ·
Oh Gold eh? Weird. Well, it's an option anyway... :)

#9 ·
I should say gold "tint" or "tannish" to ward the that hue, definitely not silver. But it is plastic , so it was paintable.

#11 ·
My wife's 06 had shifter problems last year and the dealer installed a different knob.It is black on the sides with a silver strip in the middle.I'm going to be switching it to my 08 because it does not match her interior at all.

#12 ·
[quote author=Cwick21 link=topic=103030.msg2197567#msg2197567 date=1207025165]
My wife's 06 had shifter problems last year and the dealer installed a different knob.It is black on the sides with a silver strip in the middle.I'm going to be switching it to my 08 because it does not match her interior at all.
[/quote]

Any chance of a pic or two? :)

#13 ·
It is most likely the Zephyr knob like the one I installed. I am very happy with the look and like the feel better also.

Attachments

#14 ·
[quote author=eiching1 link=topic=103030.msg2081411#msg2081411 date=1203386483]
I purchased a Zephyr knob off eBay. I haven't seen any lately, but keep an eye out or check with the dealer. It has a silver strip in the middle and leather around it.
[/quote]
Ok, I NEED one of these! Perfect with the SAP interior. How easy is it to get the stock knob off?

#15 ·
[quote author=enormus link=topic=103030.msg2199979#msg2199979 date=1207103376]
Ok, I NEED one of these! Perfect with the SAP interior.
[/quote]

Are you sure? It looks like a "satin" aluminum finish, whereas the radio surround on the SAP is a "brushed" aluminum look. I think they might clash... unless the knob really is a brushed look, in which case it's a no-brainer! :)

#17 ·
[quote author=enormus link=topic=103030.msg2203047#msg2203047 date=1207192477]
Well, it looks pretty good in that picture, but eiching would have to comment. It it comes in brushed, I would be all over it.
[/quote]

Hi enormus. :wavey: I have an MKZ (there was no change in trim from the Zephyr). The shift lever center trim is a silver colored "Satin" finish. Definitely not brushed aluminum. It matches the "Satin" finish on the center stack of the MKZ dashboard.

Might still look good on the Fusion though. Not everything needs to match exactly. Different textures can be stylish too! :banana:

Good luck. :cheers:

#19 ·
[quote author=Cwick21 link=topic=103030.msg2203305#msg2203305 date=1207197384]
That is the one she has.How hard are they to change out.I plan on swapping when I get it done I'll post picks with the SAP
[/quote]

Hi Cwick21. :wavey: Eiching1 would be the person to ask for that question. He swapped his out. I never have.

If he doesn't check in here in a day or so, send him a PM.

Good luck. :cheers:

#20 ·
It comes off very easily. Just pry the chrome sleeve at the bottom down and you will find two allen screws. Unscrew them and it just slides off. Also, I believe it would be more of a "satin" finish, but I have a Milan which more of a "satin" style dash. Also, I had to paint my strip since I bought it off eBay and it had a tan (goldish) color.

#22 ·
[quote author=Cwick21 link=topic=103030.msg2211915#msg2211915 date=1207537427]
I did the switch today.It is not an exact match to the SAP but I think it looks close enogh.I will get pics as soon as I have a Chance.
[/quote]

Looking forward to seeing the results...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.