FordFusionClub.com banner

2010 Ford Fusion Sport

3K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  SimpsonTide985 
#1 ·
Greetings,

I am the proud new owner of a Ford Fusion Sport, just picked it up Thursday night! Absolutely love it so far, and its my first car! I feel real good about my first big purchase!

I'm going to try and take some pics of it tomorrow if the weather permits and I'll post it for you guys!

In the mean time, any recommendations on accessories and cleaning materials? I keep hearing stay away from Armor All and go with Meguiars?

#4 ·
Hey guys,

I picked up a few different Meguiars products, leather wipes, cleaner wax, etc. So I'll definitely start out with them and let ya know how it goes!

Here are some added pictures of it - I just added the chrome door slips and im interested to see what you guys think? I was going to go black but I figured I'd try these out since the car has a decent amount of chrome on it. I like it, just dont LOVE it. So I may in the end pull em off and just put black ones on.

The driveway was being used or I would have pulled it out and taken some better pics but just wanted to give ya guys a look!

#10 ·
Haha not sure what the skepticism on the first car comments....

I got a solid job out of college with the dept. of defense and I drove my pops old 95' jeep which wasn't being used until I was able to afford a solid down payment and Ford in my area is running the 0% or 1.9% (depending on what you choose with rebates) financing for 60 months.

Good enough answer for how I managed it?

#14 ·
[quote author=Canadian_LX link=topic=172305.msg3652156#msg3652156 date=1273459568]
As you stated though, its not really your *first* car as you been driving a 15 year old jeep for the last little while. I just assumed that you havent been driving, you just got your license and bought a car lol.
[/quote]
Yeah, that was my initial reaction too. :lol:

#15 ·
dont use leather wipes!!!! all they do is add grease! i use lexol leather cleaner and conditioner. if u already used them i would suggest that u go buy some leather cleaner. sorry i just spazzed hahahah i just freak out when it comes to car care lol. i detail cars so thats why im OCD

#17 ·
Thanks blacksport, yeah I was deciding between the two and didnt know if their was a huge difference. I'll have to look into the conditioner itself though now, thanks.

ahhhh yeah my mistake, should have clarified. Yeah I hoofed it on foot for college and then drove the old jeep for sometime. Yeah I was hell bent on going used for the longest time - I also looked at Acura TLs, TSXs, and Accords (the first two I looked Used at CarMax though)

#18 ·
good call on gettin rid of those chrome door guards....the only trick now is gettin people to not hit your doors lol. as far as cleaning products...i would reccommend Meguire's too. also, the best tire shine i found so far is Eagle One gel (gray/blue spray bottle with the brush attached at the sprayer) really lasts long...stays really shiny even after a light rain.

#19 ·
Yeah, I've never seen a car look good with that chrome lining...

I have chrome lining on my sideview mirrors.

It's a subtle touch and barely noticeable, but I think it blends it so well and that's the point. You want to add small things that don't detract a lot from the rest of the car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.