FordFusionClub.com banner

Changing rear turn signal bulb

39K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Gravey 
#1 ·
I am wondering where/how you access to the rear turn signal so you can change the bulb. My right rear blinker is going out and tried to look around but am unsure of where to find it.

Thanks

BTW, The car in question is a 06 Fusion SE

#3 ·
[quote author=Solo link=topic=149589.msg3211118#msg3211118 date=1246757988]
I am wondering where/how you access to the rear turn signal so you can change the bulb. My right rear blinker is going out and tried to look around but am unsure of where to find it.

Thanks

BTW, The car in question is a 06 Fusion SE
[/quote]

Hi Solo. :wavey: Just to add to biggee's description: The detailed instructions for the rear bulb changes are located in the Owners Manual. In the pdf version, the instructions for changing the rear bulbs begin on page 46. Simply look in the Index of your Owners Manual under "Bulbs".

Hope this information helps.

Good luck. :cheers:

#4 ·
[quote author=biggee72 link=topic=149589.msg3211132#msg3211132 date=1246759909]
Just push the trunk lining out of the way and you'll see the bulb behind it. Very simple..
[/quote]

You can do that, or if you want to have some fun, karate chop through the exterior plastic and change it that way

#5 ·
I did this yesterday. Just pull the trunk liner out of the way, might take a little effort. Look down into where the taillight is and you'll see a screw holding it in place and then a few bulbs.

You want the bulb on top.

Unscrew the entire bulb turning it once to the left.

Unplug the bulb from inside it's plastic casing.

Replace with new bulb and go backwards through the steps.

Very easy, 5 minutes at the most.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.