FordFusionClub.com banner

2013 Fusion Low Beam and Fog HID Install

126K views 173 replies 35 participants last post by  Dbeard1101 
#1 ·
Just wanted to post up some info on my HID install for my lows and fogs I did this weekend on my 2013 Fusion.

Getting to the bulbs is not that easy. The manual actually tells you to have your dealer replace you low beam bulbs for you. The manual actually tells you to see the dealer to replace nearly every bulb in the car. :undecided:

I went with 55w 6k for my lows and 35w 6k for my fogs.

A few notes:

1 - I needed a relay harness for my low beams. My lows would not come on at all when the car was on. They did work fine if the engine was off. But as soon as I started the engine they would go out. I did not need a relay harness for the fog lights.

2 - I removed all the easily accessible bolts that were holding the headlamp. It allows you to move around the headlamp a bit to make reaching in for the bulb a bit easier.

3 - While installing the driver side fog was very easy, the passenger side is a PITA. The windshield washer fluid tank is right behind the light. So you need to reach under and up to get to the bulb. Putting the HID bulb in and tightening was a PITA. I ended up getting it in place and then used some pliers with tape on the end (to not damage the wiring) to tighten it.

My parking lights are super yellow in comparison. So I just orders some LED bulbs off of ebay for about $7. The parking light bulb size is: W5W

I'll try to get a pic soon to post it up here. :grin:

See less See more
#2 ·
planning on doing this... just didnt know where to begin on this car... pics would be greatly appreciated

#4 ·
I did some tweaking to the aim of the headlights last night. They were a bit too high. I don't have a flat surface to do a proper adjustment at home. I'm hoping to have some time tonight after work to do some tweaking here at the office. I'll try to get some pics.

#5 ·
Sounds awesome! I'm curious to know if the 2013+ Fusions have foreground limiters on their projectors. I know the bixenon projectors that the Fords are using now are Hella E55 variants, so the EvoX-R is a direct swap and a much better projector, esp. if a custom foreground limiter is put onto the EvoX-R.

But yeah, keep us updated, I'm very curious to see how the beam pattern is.... I really hope it's not laser-beam esque like the 2010-2012 lol

#9 ·
Did you have to remove the bumper??

#12 ·
Just got my sterling grey titanium a couple days ago, and this thread was instrumental in installing my hid's. had already installed led parking lights, and will be finishing install of fog lights when they are delivered. Will definitely submit pics, as I'm sure once you see, you will want to do upgrade/mod as well. Will post again with pics as soon as I finish fog light install. Thanks for starting this thread, as I would've shredded the skin off my hands without it!

#13 · (Edited)
Could you provide a quick walk thru on headlight removal?

Correction.. I just need to know which bolts to remove to access the bulbs.. Please and thank you

#15 ·
Agreed. It only gives you a little bit of wiggle room, but it is enough to remove the crap and put in something good.
Larry, how did you do the fog lights? Based on my "scoping" it out, I have assumed I need to remove the fasteners and the single bolt in front of each wheel well to gain access to the fogs. I got my bulbs in today's mail, and have already removed the fasteners, I'm just going to wait on your expert response to finalize.
Thanks!

#18 ·
Did you cut a slit in the rubber socket cover that is behind the bulb (on the outside of the headlight assembly)??

#22 ·
Thanks. I started to do just that, but didn't want to finish removal for no reason. I'll see if it is similar to the install/replacement on earlier year models, as this is what is done on the 2010 Fusion, so I assume, all late model years are the same. I hope ours is the same as well. I'll let you know if it works...

#24 ·
I simply turned the wheel to allow for as much access as I could. Then I remove the screws holding on the the fender liner. Held the liner back and use the other hand to do the work inside the fender/bumper area. Not to comfy at times, but it worked for me.

#26 ·
Thanks guys! I should be able to complete my install tonight then. I already took pics of the led and low beams (at night), and they didn't come out great. The led did, but I will try to retake pics of everything once completed in the early evening so everyone can get the full effect of the mods. Pics really don't do it justice, but it is what it is. I will say right now, if you are thinking about doing the mod, or all mods, DO IT!!!
This car is already bad-ass, and bringing the headlights up to this decade, along with the rest of the vehicle, really makes it stand out.
Thanks again for the help.

#28 ·
Pictures?

#31 ·
I will, but it will be two weeks till I have mine

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.