FordFusionClub.com banner

Door Panel Removal Video

17K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Ceace 
#1 ·
Hey everyone, new to the forums here, and I was wondering if there happened to be a video on door panel removal. I found the pdf files on the removal, but i'm just curious as to what it looks like in person. Hope this makes sense. If anyone could help me out with this, I'd really appreciate it.

#2 ·
If it's an 06-09 Fusion, then it's very easy. I don't have any experience with the 2010 Fusions. Once the screw at the bottom and the latch side are removed (torx head) then you need to remove the screw from the door handle trim- Pop the little plug off ( i use a small pick set ) and remove the screw (torx head) , remove the bolt/screw in the door pull cup (not sure what size socket it needs) and then use a door panel tool to pop the panel loose. I think that's all. I can do it in about 2 minutes if I have all my tools lined up. I have never felt like I was going to break anything either, so either I'm lucky or they are just built really well.

#3 ·
i have a couple of pictures in my build log if that helps. It is REALLY easy though, four screws and pull.

#5 ·
You can't get any of the fasteners loose, or some but the panel still won't come off? It takes some good force to undo the panel fasteners the first time. start in a lower corner, and pull. I like the plastic/vinyl Auto Trim and Molding Tool Set from Harbor Freight. They work excellent to get it started. The metal one will scratch. These won't:

http://www.harborfreight.com/5-piece-auto-trim-and-molding-tool-set-67021.html

#7 ·
[quote author=Col. Fusion link=topic=185741.msg4039046#msg4039046 date=1307027693]
Ok.. I haven't tried that yet.

Also, if I can just get the speaker grille off, I won't need the whole panel to come off. Do you know if it is one piece with the panel, or removable?
[/quote]

Nope, its one piece. Its a bit scary the first time, especially when it first breaks loose. Sounds like its cracking in half.

#8 ·
I'll post a video in a couple weeks after I get my new mids/highs

#9 ·
theres a special tool that makes removing the door not so much a hassle if youre afraid of breaking the pins. all i did was take out all the screws, 4 in the front and i think 3 in the back, then roll down the windows. after that start at the top of the door and slowly slide your and across til they pop out. the pins wont break if you apply the pressure at each location and not just try to rip the door off lol.

also heard using a fork or fork like tool around the pins works great too. ive personally never tried it

#10 ·
Mids/highs are here, I'll make the video tomorrow.

#12 ·
:goodjob:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.