FordFusionClub.com banner

Fusion vs. Milan vs. Zephyr

6K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  mkaresh 
#1 ·
I stopped by my Ford/L/M dealer yeasterday and compared the 3 cars back to back. He is my thoughts. The Fusion was the best overall, had a clean exterior and a nice interior. I didn't care for either the black or camel, though I would go for the black with contrast stitching. And of coarse the pricing was the best. The taillights were by far the best and didn't like the Milan and Zephyr oversized lights.

As far as the Milan goes, it is definitely the most conservative looking exterior. I didn't care for the 17" wheels or the taillights. Now the interior was georgeous! I liked the silver mesh dash board and the black/tan dual color seats. Not to mention the center armrest was leather.The interior is by far the best and may actually persuede me to lean towards the Milan.

The Zephyr has a nice exterior. Again I didn't like the taillights but the chrome wheels and grille and the metallic paint colors are very nice. The inerior was pretty ugly. The center stack was very plasticy and oversized. The car had a tan interior with a very light wood which was so-so. The THX sound system was awesome, probably one of the best stock systems I have heard.

Overall, I liked the Fusion the best but wish that there were some better interior options for those 105 degree summers. The black looks nice but will fry your ass in the heat. I still am hoping for a 6 speed manual on the V-6, since I will be buying my car next fall when the 07's arrive. My fingers are crossed.

See less See more
#2 ·
The interior actually stays pretty cool. I parked in a no shade lot on the Houston Texans game this last weekend. Not a cloud in the sky and temps in the 90s. I'm not going to say that the car felt air-conditioned when we hopped in, but the seats were not the frying pans we expected and the cabin cooled quickly. We have nothing but the solar tint currently (not visable, but UV blocking) and I accidentally left the moonroof cover back, so we were expecting an oven. Finally a pleasant suprise.

#3 ·
Thats good to know. Regardless of the interior I will go with the Fusion. I can't see myself driving a Mercury. At least not without some 18's and tinted windows. Even though they are practically the same car, the Milan is too conservative.

#5 ·
I love both the milan and the fusion. The lincoln looks OK on the outside but the interior is a different story.... Its ugly just the way the dash is shaped is not right too square to many corners eww and it does look just too overdone you can only do soo much to make a car look great ford. But i think they over did it on the lincoln (cannot even remeber the name lol!)

#6 ·
I too have just driven all three cars & like many others find the Fusion to be far & away the best deal for the money and it has striking good looks.  The Mercury and Lincoln are also good looking cars from the outside.  On the inside, I think the use of light wood with the Chrome is tremendous!  Thus the Lincoln wins hands down for me.  The leather in the Ford looks like nagahide (sp) from the 1970s and somehow cheapens the car.  The interior of the Merc is simply non-discript, like Mercury's identity.  From a driving standpoint, both the Ford and Mercury excelled and were fun to drive.  Great accelleration and braking--nice ride in between.  The Lincoln seemed mushy, like an old-man's car.  Maybe it was because I had just driven my BMW 330 CI to the Lincoln dealer.  I won't part with the Bimmer Coupe--it is like no other driving car, but I'm looking for a fun-to-drive sedan & the Lincoln Zepher is not it!  The Ford Fusion, however, while not quite a BMW, was fun to drive, handled well and & I would be proud to be seen in it.  (Unlike the really sad looking groupthink Ford 500 which my pesky Ford dealer kept telling me I should be looking at.)  I like this Fusion and when the AWD option becomes available, I may very well buy one.  I can't have two dogs in the snow, my Bimmer and a Sedan.  But overall, I do like this car because of its performance, ride and exterior looks.  Way to go Ford!

#7 ·
I've also driven and reviewed all three. To find my reviews of these and other cars go to www.epinions.com/user-mkaresh and scroll down a bit till you see a listbox. Yeah, I drive a lot of cars.

In short, I was impressed by how much Ford was able to differentiate the feeling of the Ford/Mercury vs. the Lincoln. I think the instrument panels in all of them need work, for different reasons, and the rear seat needs work in all three, for the same reason--terrible shape.

All three cars will benefit from the 3.5. The 3.0 is just old and loud. I also suspect that the reason stability control is not yet available is that it has to be tuned differently for each powertrain, so they decided to just wait for the 3.5 before offering it. The Lincoln in particular won't be fully competitive without it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.