FordFusionClub.com banner

SE vs. SEL

56K views 46 replies 19 participants last post by  FusionFanatic 
#1 ·
Hey Guys,

Ive got a question. Im hoping to buy a Fusion in the Next year or so and I was wondering what is the difference between the SE trim and the SEL and what do you all recommend ? Ive done so much research already that Im Dying to have the car =[ I just want to keep learning about it. Thanks

#2 ·
[quote author=FusionFanatic1951 link=topic=92717.msg1807419#msg1807419 date=1193280490]
Hey Guys,

Ive got a question. Im hoping to buy a Fusion in the Next year or so and I was wondering what is the difference between the SE trim and the SEL and what do you all recommend ? Ive done so much research already that Im Dying to have the car =[ I just want to keep learning about it. Thanks
[/quote]

Hi FusionFanatic1951. :wavey: To answer your questions in the best manner, I would recommend you go to the http://www.fordvehicles.com/cars/fusion/features/ site.

Be sure to click on all of the tabs ("Interior Features", "Power & Handling", "Exterior Features", "Safety"), or just click on the "View All" tab.

There you can scroll through all of the differences between the Fusion models. The list will show what is standard, optional and not available on each model. Much more efficient than hoping us bozos get it right (I am including myself in the bozo category). :bash:

Also, if you haven't done so already, pick up a Fusion brochure and any other literature they have at your local Ford Dealer.

Whichever you decide to go with, good luck! :cheers:

PS - Personally, I would recommend you get the SEL. I have a Lincoln MKZ, but at the same time I ordered mine, I helped my neighbor order a Black on Black, Fusion SEL, on the X-Plan. It is a beautiful car.

#4 ·
[quote author=kevjur link=topic=92717.msg1808877#msg1808877 date=1193332796]
I recommend the sel, to me the se looks kind of plain.(no offence to any se drivers)
[/quote]
+1 SEL. But its all about choice and taste in vehicles, what ya want and want ya don't want. Happy shopping!

#5 ·
Hey Guys thanks for all the Help :D

Yea Ive got a brochure on it and I've been reading up and comparing them. I just wanted to see your alls view on it. Im really REALLY anxious and hope im able to get it :? Every day im on this computer I look at something about it lol..It is such a great car in my view.
*sigh* congrats to every1 that owns one and is happy with it :D I hope I can get mine very soon to join you all :(

#6 ·
SEL all the way. Spend the extra money it will be worth it. do the math and see how much extra per month it would be between the SE and the SEL. It's not that much. just take a look at the cars that the people have here on the website, they are mainly SEL. good luck, either way you go you will be getting a a GREAT car.

#7 ·
I like my SE because I really didn't want too much faux "chrome" like the piece on the trunk and the doors. To me, it doesn't accent the lines of the car. This is especially true since I have a black Fusion. If mine were white, I think the SEL would do the trick with the more accented pieces.

Obviously, I'm not speaking about the other upgrades between the versions, just these in particular.

#14 ·
[quote author=FusionFanatic1951 link=topic=92717.msg1813635#msg1813635 date=1193497410]
Lol thats wishful thinking haha..There are things I like about all of them. lol

*sigh* CHOICES CHOICES...
[/quote]
Take the plunge buy one of each! :sold:

#16 ·
One tip I might give you is to make sure you shop the used market, not just new. While great cars, the Fusion really doesn't hold its value well compared to several other models. They're a steal on the used car market. One note of caution, though, is to make sure that any used Fusion was not a rental as they are popular with rental fleets.

I got my Milan for a steal compared to its $23-24k original sticker.

#17 ·
[quote author=fatabbot link=topic=92717.msg1814269#msg1814269 date=1193528500]
One tip I might give you is to make sure you shop the used market, not just new. While great cars, the Fusion really doesn't hold its value well compared to several other models. They're a steal on the used car market. One note of caution, though, is to make sure that any used Fusion was not a rental as they are popular with rental fleets.

I got my Milan for a steal compared to its $23-24k original sticker.
[/quote]Rental fleets and ...DRIVER'S ED! Yikes!!!

#18 ·
Yea I know what you mean but I wasn't recommended to a used car for various reasons like that. Different conditions the car may have endured. Also I just think that buying a used car is buying others problems. (Not at all in every case but still =/)

I would like a V6 SEL with:

Redfire Clear coat
Medium Light stone interior
Cloth seats is fine along with the 17' rims
A spoiler
Satellite radio
Ambient Lighting
Traction control
ABS (Anti lock brakes)
And possible the Moon and Tune. Not sure (im 5' 10 and growing)
Also the rear park assist would be nice but not necessary

Comes out to about $23,255 (dont know how much lower they would go...)

Then for some mods I would:
Tint the windows
Maybe in the future get some sweet looking rims

What site (Besides ford.com) could I go to see ALL options for vehicles ?

#20 ·
Ah Ok thanks but other than that there isnt another ford site u know of ?

I was just wondering because I thought there would have to be some where where you can pick all you want in the car (That ford has produced) and take it to the dealer and say "This is what I want" where they order it for you

#23 ·
The base model of this car comes pretty loaded up already, there's not really alot more options left, there's the all wheel drive, alarm,remote start and the navigation system, can't remember what else. Probably won't need the block heater option where you are.

#25 ·
[quote author=FusionFanatic1951 link=topic=92717.msg1814451#msg1814451 date=1193537687]
Ah ok cool cool That pretty much answers it lol Thanks Kev =D

Now all I need it the $$ lol :drool: :dunno: :bash:
[/quote]
Ah.........so glad your interested! I have money tree seeds for sale. Guaranteed to grow anywhere in any climate. Just send me cash, check or money order and I'll get those right out to you! :dmention7: :whistle:
Good luck with the finances :cheers:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.