FordFusionClub.com banner

2013 Fusion ambient lighting

19K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  Reedus 
#1 ·
Hey guys, just bought a 13 fusion se, I'm curious if the current ambient light package ford offers is compatible on the 13 fusion or if there still waiting to release one for it. Any info would be appreciated!

#3 ·
The 2013 doesn't have ambient lighting available?

The "dealer-retrofit" package was crap anyway. Couple little light strips and a chincy ring for the cupholder.
True that. The $250 Ford aftermarket system is less than half of what the original equipment lighting system contains. If you want the real deal you can expect to pay in excess of $600 in parts from Ford including the OEM cup holder bezel, button bezel, lights, controllers, etc.

#8 ·
The dealer kit is a cheezy plastic ring you clip into the cupholder (instead of the integrated one) and two light bars for the front footwells, rather than LEDs in the center console shining in all four footwells. Dealer kit won't light the storage compartment either. I'd imagine the control button is crappier too

#9 ·
You don't want to waste money on a kit that has rings for the cup holders because you can't use them in the 2013 anyway. They decided to not include cup holders as part of the ambient lighting in the 2013 Fusion...not sure why...I was kinda looking forward to watching my water bottles light up :)

#10 ·
The dealer kit is a cheezy plastic ring you clip into the cupholder (instead of the integrated one) and two light bars for the front footwells, rather than LEDs in the center console shining in all four footwells. Dealer kit won't light the storage compartment either. I'd imagine the control button is crappier too
You don't want to waste money on a kit that has rings for the cup holders because you can't use them in the 2013 anyway. They decided to not include cup holders as part of the ambient lighting in the 2013 Fusion...not sure why...I was kinda looking forward to watching my water bottles light up :)
See, now those are two conflicting stories. One says there is a crappy cupholder light and the other says there aren't cupholder lights at all. I've gotten similar conflicting info elsewhere as well. When I spoke with the dealer, they told me the kit was for the cupholders and footwells.

#11 ·
The stories aren't conflicting. I said you don't want to waste money on the kit that includes the cup holder rings because the 2013 doesn't have them as part of the OEM ambient lighting so the rings most likely won't work. If you find a kit with cup holder lighting that works for the 2013, let us know...I just haven't heard of one yet.

#12 ·
The kit was designed for the cupholder design on the first-generations, so the rings won't work on the 2013's new console layout. And even if it did, still looks like ass and rests 'inside' the cupholder rather than as part of the cupholder wall. If you bought the dealer kit, you'd really only be able to utilize two single LED bars. Nowhere near worth the money.

You'd be better off with a generic $50 eBay kit and purchase an OEM light switch.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.