FordFusionClub.com banner

Engine removal Q&A

28K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  black_magic 
#1 ·
Well... I'll provides the Q's hopefully I can Get some A's

I need to replace my dead engine... see http://www.fordfusionclub.com/index.php?topic=130032.0

I have the full, two part, Ford shop manuals, but the described method for removal is to drop the cradle. Im sure this is by far the simplest method when you have a lift and the proper cradle support tools, but I dont.

So, on to the questions (and yes I have searched  :bigsmile:)

1. Has anyone every pulled the 2.3 from the fusion/milan on here?
if so continue...

2. Is it possible to pull from the top of the engine bay? (standard old school methood)
if so continue...

3. Can the engine be pulled alone, or does the tranny have to go with it?

4. Is there any difference in the harness or required connections between the motor from a manual equiped car and that from an automatic equiped car.. i.e. My car is manual, if I get a motor from an automatic, will I need to swap the harness or anything else from my motor to the new one?

I think thats about the most of my concerns at the moment, but feel free to chime in with any advice for my upcoming project

Thanks for stoppin by  :respect:

See less See more
#3 ·
Don't make a mountain out of a mole hill.

Going underneath is the way to go, and tool wise, it is not all that different.
I haven't done it on a Fusion yet, but I have done my fair share of swaps. When possible, going underneath is much quicker and safer.

#5 ·
go from underneath. it will be alot easier. it will give you alot more room aswell as everything will be out in the open. this is how we do it at work and trust me its alot easier to do itthis way.

for the harness it should work as long as the harness doesnt connect to the transmission on your car. if it does then you will need to swap harnesses.

3. the tranny should probably come out at the same time as its a b!tch to undo while in the car if you dont drop the sub frame.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.