FordFusionClub.com banner

Where is my keyless entry code?

58K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  kastanradliff 
#1 ·
I just got a used 08 Fusion SEL V6 Sport with keyless entry. Where is the code kept?
The owners manual says on wallet card in glove box. This is a used car, no wallet card...
I know the codes are kept in another area of the car. Where is it?
Thanks.
Danford1

#3 ·
[quote author=danford1 link=topic=182622.msg3865281#msg3865281 date=1290375940]
I just got a used 08 Fusion SEL V6 Sport with keyless entry. Where is the code kept?
The owners manual says on wallet card in glove box. This is a used car, no wallet card...
I know the codes are kept in another area of the car. Where is it?
Thanks.
Danford1
[/quote]

EDIT - Since I had my code/code card and did not feel like doing the necessary gymnastics to check the passenger compartment fuse box or passenger footwell areas for stickers, I had never really carefully checked before. For the heck of it I just did so and discovered that there is a sticker in my car. It is a white sticker located above the fuse box towards the interior fenderwall. Among other things (a barcode etc.), the keypad code is printed.

Hi Danford. :wavey: As Mattrix stated, you will probably need to go to the Dealership to have them retrieve the Keyless Entry code. Bottom line is if you purchased the vehicle from a Ford Dealership, they should provide this code retrieval service for free. It is an integral part of the vehicle and it only takes about 5 minutes for them to hook up the vehicle to the Diagnostic system and retrieve the code.

However, if you did not purchase from a Ford Dealership, you can try this first: There has been anecdotal stories of people sometimes finding stickers with the code located in one of two spots. First, on a sticker located on or in the area of the PCM, which is located in the front passenger footwell, in the front right corner, up by the right side kick-panel and glovebox. Second, on a sticker located in/on/in the area of the passenger compartment fuse box, which is located below and to the left of the steering wheel, up under the dashboard.

Let us know how you make out.

Good luck. :cheers:

#6 ·
Re: Where is my keyless entry code? NEW INFORMATION!

Hi gang. :wavey: Since I have my code/code card and did not feel like doing the necessary gymnastics to check the passenger compartment fuse box or passenger footwell areas for stickers in the past, I had never really carefully checked before. I'm just not as nimble as I used to be (plus, I am a bit lazier). :lmao:

For the heck of it I just did so and discovered that there is a sticker in my car. It is a white sticker located above the fuse box towards the interior fenderwall. Among other things (a barcode etc.), the keypad code is printed.

You need to have your entire waist and lower body outside the car, with only your head and shoulders in the drivers side footwell, head up under the dashboard towards the brake pedal. :eek4: To save yourself some grief, have a small flashlight with you.

Hope this information helps.

PS - This will help save a few people some money on retrieval charges by the Dealership. However, it does not change the fact that when purchasing a used Fusion from a Ford/Lincoln-Mercury Dealership, they should provide the code as part of the purchase service. :slap:

#9 ·
My 1997 Ford Explorer had keyless entry, the code was on a sticker on the inside of the jack area, Sounds like you found it but that's another place it could be.

#10 ·
The dealer did call back. In fact they were very nice and apologized for not providing it at time of sale.
Slipped through the cracks as they say...

They said getting it is easy. The service dept can hook up to the car computer and have it very quick. No charge for this either if I go back to That dealer. If I go elsewhere, there would be a charge.
I'll get the code next time in in the dealers area.

Thanks.

PS I'll go peek under dash by fuse box anyway. If I find it I'll post back.

Danford1

#13 ·
[quote author=BULIX GONZALEZ link=topic=182622.msg3924391#msg3924391 date=1296769512]
I WENT AND PAID SOME CASH AT THE CAR DEALERSHIP O ET THE CODE AND HAVE NEVER USED IT...2 YEARS AGO...NO BIG NEED FOR IT
[/quote]

Hi BULIX. :wavey: Welcome to the Ford Fusion Club.

Thanks for sharing your opinion in a unique first post.

#15 ·
Hate to dredge up an old thread, but anyone know if the code is printed on any stickers on a '13 and above? I've looked up under the dash and no code. I looked at the fuse box under the hood, no code.

Probably will have to have the Ford dealer do it but just wanted to exhaust all options before they charge me an arm and a leg.

#20 ·
Hi jerryjenkins1828 and welcome to the Ford Fusion Club. See posts #3 and #6 for a description of where a sticker containing the code may be located on the passenger compartment fuse box cover.

If it is not there, you may need to have your Ford Dealership Service Department retrieve the code ford you.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.