FordFusionClub.com banner

What is a "D" plan???

14K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  bbf2530 
#1 ·
Ok, as some of you know, I'm trying to find a fusion. (SEL, V6, moon & tunes, SAP would be nice!, better yet, lets just be real, I REALLY want the Fusion Sport!) I haven't had a new car in 13 years and I keep reading in the forums about these "plans".

What is that all about? I want the best price I can get for a good low miles used car and I want to be informed before I go into the dealership.

:dunno:

#2 ·
[quote author=jtfordbird link=topic=151456.msg3246915#msg3246915 date=1248559941]
Ok, as some of you know, I'm trying to find a fusion. (SEL, V6, moon & tunes, SAP would be nice!, better yet, lets just be real, I REALLY want the Fusion Sport!) I haven't had a new car in 13 years and I keep reading in the forums about these "plans".

What is that all about? I want the best price I can get for a good low miles used car and I want to be informed before I go into the dealership.

:dunno:
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure the "D Plan" is employee family member pricing, but don't quote me...lol

#4 ·
A Plan is ford employees and direct family members

X Plan is suppliers/contractors/buddies/etc

Z Plan is for ford retirees and direct family members

D Plan is for dealership employees

I think thats it. In order of how good the price is ... best (A=Z > D > X) worst

#5 ·
[quote author=06Milan link=topic=151456.msg3246967#msg3246967 date=1248564289]
Family members would be A plan.

Friends is usually X Plan.

Cant remember D off hand.

All are for buying brand new vehicles from the dealership.
[/quote]

And then when you have regional reps (like me) we use whatever pricing we can get that's the cheapest. I don't know the plans. I got my truck at dealer invoice, and the Fusion for 18k with a 26,400 MSRP. Make a General Manager or 4 happy, and they give you good deals sometimes.

#6 ·
Hi guys. :wavey: SK3 has it correct. D-Plan is for qualifying Ford Motor Company Dealership Employees.

Again, here are the Plans from lowest (best) price up:
A/Z-Plan is for Ford Employees/Retirees and immediate family members only. Essentially it is the lowest price anyone will get unless their father owns the Dealership. It is much lower than Factory Invoice Price and you are also eligible for any publicly available Incentives.

D-Plan Pricing is for qualifying Ford/Lincoln Mercury Dealership Employees only. It is $100 more than A/Z-Plan and you are also eligible for any publicly available Incentives.

X-Plan Pricing is approximately Factory Invoice Price, then you are also eligible for any publicly available Incentives. X-Plan Pricing is for:
1 - "Friends and Neighbors" of Ford Employees (essentially anyone who does not qualify for A/Z/D-Plan).
2 - Qualified employees of "Ford Partner Companies" and "Ford Suppliers" as determined by Ford Motor Company (and those living at the same address as the Employee). Eligibility is limited to 2 PINS per year
3 - Ford Shareholders (Stockholders) are also eligible for two X-Plan PINS per year. No minimum number of share ownership required.

Hope this information helps.

Good luck. :cheers:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.