FordFusionClub.com banner

Headlight Assembly Removal Question

37K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  patconor 
#1 ·
Hi Guys, I had my Driver Side turn signal bulb fall out of its socket into the headlight assembly. I had two options, get a flexible claw tool thingy, or take out the headlight assembly. I opted for the 5.00 flexible claw, bad idea. not only could I not get the bulb out, I couldn't do anything more than push it around in there and now I have scratches all over the chrome piece inside the assembly. I don't care so much about the chrome since I want to replace assemblies for custom ones later anyway, but I have to get that bulb out of there, its driving me nuts. How do I get that assembly out? I know there are two bolts towards the grill area but is there any more than that? I've searched the internet and cant find a good detailed way.

Thanks

#2 ·
From another thread....

http://www.fordfusionclub.com/index.php?topic=124331.msg2864917#msg2864917

[quote author=Mav2u link=topic=124331.msg2864917#msg2864917 date=1231980269]
1. Remove the front bumper cover.
2. Remove the headlamp assembly pin-type retainer.
3. Remove the 4 bolts and the headlamp assembly.

o Disconnect the electrical connectors.

4. To install, reverse the removal procedure.

[/quote]

#5 ·
Hey Jonny,
I see your from Wellington, OH. I grew up in Wakeman, closer to Vermilion, OH. I graduated from Firelands High School over by Oberlin. Nice to see people on here from back home. My Parents still live there and I go back every month or so to visit. That also happens to be where I do all my work to my car since they have a big barn out back. We should check out Norwalk some time this summer. Anyway, the grill is holding up ok. The top better than the bottom two bars for sure. Salt really was the worst this winter up here in Detroit. couple dozen little chips and a hand full of bigger ones. I shouldnt have to go all the way back down to nothing with it though, just some sanding and wet sanding and a few more good coats of the paint. Not being able to clear coat it is the worst part. If you arn't looking for the satin or low gloss look, I'd highly reccomend using a good clear coat on it to keep the abuse down to a minimum. Other than rocks and Salt, its fine. Water and car washes (both high pressure sprayers and bristle automatics) are just fine. I was kind of expecting some swirls in the grill from the bristle wash by my house but after about 8 car washes there it still looks fine. I think another thing that helped was the primer. If anything, it helped it adhere more thuroughly.

#7 ·
lol, sorry Uke, as much as I love helping people out, that is about a full weekend project so to make it worth my time, I'd have to charge way more than a fair price. It would cost probably 20.00 for paint and sandpaper and primer. The other 330.00 would be for labor. However, if someone would have the grill off the vehicle and could help me prep it and installed it themselves, it wouldnt cost nearly as much.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.