FordFusionClub.com banner

Magnaflow exhaust 2013 fusion

17K views 37 replies 16 participants last post by  xxxxxxxxxxxslowLSJ 
#1 · (Edited)
Just got mine in today, already put it on. super easy install 2 nuts 2 hangers and the whole oem unit comes out. hardest part for me was getting the hangers off, but i didnt use any lube. Maybe 45 minutes tops.

the system looks pretty good but will still be hidden for the most part

first start up sounds amazing, sounds like a 4cylinder version of a vq35 (350z,g35 etc.)
definately need to hear it in person - its a deep sound for a 2.0 4 cyl

See less See more
#17 ·
We did an install on a customers car. Check here for three different sound videos. Please make sure you are listening on a computer that has the ability to accurately represent bass and the deepness of the exhaust otherwise it will sound nothing like real life. There is basically 0 drone and the behind the car acceleration view is really only tire squeal. Exhaust is currently on sale.

http://www.youtube.com/user/CD3Performance

#21 ·
I would love one of these but have the same issue from my female counterpart.

I was thinking of an approach though. I commute a decent drive for work (100 miles/day) I would bring this to her as a money saving necessity. If i can improve my mpg by 2 it would save me $204 a year on gas. (based on excel spreadsheet i've made) If this can actually improve mpg or not is irrelevent. But it could. So unless she doesn't like saving money, then you need this on your car.

Worth a shot..

#22 ·
I think the main reason she won't authorize it is because I dumped about $4k into my RSX while we were together and ended up selling it a few years later. She sees that as a waste of money because it's not an investment and doesn't raise the value of the car. She knows this isn't a car that I'm going to have for 7 years like my RSX, so she has only authorized me to purchase springs, tint, and my sound system install (this one she doesn't know about yet though). I don't have any of those yet, but fathers day is right around the corner.

#23 ·
Honestly I've don't understand how a wife can authorize or not authorize what the spouse does with their money(or vice versa). I would just do it anyway whether they cared or not as long as it didn't impact our ability to pay bills, save, and/or manage the household. This is assuming that both parties are working of course.

#26 ·
Oh, they will agree and seem interested at first. Then you put that ring on their finger and all the sudden priorities change. You'll be fine early on, then the kids start popping up and cars become a thing of the past. Now it's not your money, her money or YOUR money, it's your kid's money. Trust me. FML.

Now if car parts is part of your way of making a living and bringing home the money, then she shouldn't have anything to say about it.

#27 ·
Meh. I had a girlfriend in college who didn't mind I was a huge car enthusiast.

It was quite nice actually... it also helped she was pretty damn good looking.. lol.

That being said, we weren't married/didn't live together/had no joint expenses.. so meh.

#30 ·
I got one of these about 3 weeks ago and absolutely love it. sounds great. Installed it myself, was really easy just gotta line all the pieces before tightening them. And make sure to tighten the clamps again after about 50kms (I found that to be pretty important) I also looked into getting denied warranty for having it and as long as you don't remove the cat. you should be fine :smiling:

#33 ·
So yea, went to install this, (Btw bought this around when it was first available) Turned out it only works on FWD, at the time didnt see that, even the part dealer i went with said it worked for both. Safe to say install was not accomplished and now i have a very nice magnaflow exhaust sitting in a box in my basement. Way to go Team ( Cant return special orders)

#34 ·
Magnaflow didnt tell anyone it only worked for fwd because they didn't check so they didnt know and it screwed over a few of us. See if maybe the dealer will stand behind their work and refund you some money on it. I offered this to a couple customers and didn't mind as I feel like it shouldn't be left to them to shoulder the burden. The only issue is that the resonator is too large to clear the awd driveshaft. If you just replace it with a smaller resonator(or straight pipe) it clears and everything works perfectly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.