FordFusionClub.com banner

Airbag Light stays on, what's up

42K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  FordTech 
#1 ·
This is certainly a question for "FordTech" but I wonder if anyone else has this happening. Just recently the dash Airbag light continues to be illuminated after the car is started and all the systems cycle through. Like I said, all the lights come on when the car is first started and actually the airbag light goes out after the sequence is complete, but them it comes back on and stays on. Is this a warning, error or just a nervous tick. Your thoughts ????

#3 ·
[quote author=Cudos link=topic=45921.msg703530#msg703530 date=1146844302]
Definately needs to go to the dealer for some ABS diagnosis, the system is obviously picking up on something possibly a defective sensor or monitor.

Cheers
[/quote]

Thanks ! I just stand the thought of taking it into a dealership :shock:

#4 ·
this might sound dumb.... but when this happens.... do you have anything heavy such as a bagpack or a suit case laying on your passangers front seat?

#5 ·
Which airbag light is on? The one on the instrument cluster or the one over the radio that says passenger air bag off? If its the one on the instrument cluster, then there is a system fault detected. If its the one that says passenger air bag off. Then the system thinks the right front seat is occupied but the weight is too low deploy the airbag.

#6 ·
[quote author=FordTech link=topic=45921.msg704783#msg704783 date=1146878224]
Which airbag light is on? The one on the instrument cluster or the one over the radio that says passenger air bag off? If its the one on the instrument cluster, then there is a system fault detected. If its the one that says passenger air bag off. Then the system thinks the right front seat is occupied but the weight is too low deploy the airbag.
[/quote]

It's the one in the instrument cluster, what type of system fault could it be? I don't need to worry about this thing going of in my face do I?

#7 ·
No just the opposite... The airbag system is supposed to deactivate its self if a fault is detected. However, if its a pretensioner problem,,,, which is where the seatbelt deploys a device to tighten the belt... then the airbag may still work in the event of a accident. I havent had any problems with fusions in our shop yet. It may be something like a loose connection or a recalibration of the right font seat pad. Just take it to the dealer and have them check it out.

#8 ·
Yep, take it to the dealer, they have the tools and information necessary to find out what the problem is. The airbag isn't going to go off on you, the engineers are pretty smart about that. If electronic components are going to fail, it is usually in the first few months. This is what warranty is for!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.